ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Innsbruck
RESEARCH FIELDEducational sciences › Education
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/12/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK30 hours per week
- for 3 years
- Dissertation with a focus on gender and gender relations in transformation: spaces - relations - representations in the doctoral program https://www.uibk.ac.at/dk-gender/ of the research unity Center Interdisciplinary Gender Studies Innsbruck (CGI) https://www.uibk.ac.at/geschlechterforschung/
- Research in gender studies - independent and supported
- Teaching in gender studies - independent and supported
- Education and training
- Participation in conferences and congresses
- Administrative tasks
- Excellent master degree (or similar qualification) in gender studies or with focus on gender research in one of the fields of study represented in the doctoral program: architecture, education, history, management, economics, sociology.
- Dissertation project focusing on "Gender and gender relations in transformation: spaces - relations - representations" in one of the subjects mentioned in the first point (enrolment in a PhD or doctoral program at the LFUI is mandatory); an outline of the dissertation (max. 8 pages) must be enclosed
- Advanced knowledge in the field of gender studies
- Excellent English skills
- Communication skills, ability to work independently and in a team, flexibility; experience abroad is desirable
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
What the University of Innsbruck offers:
From a company pension scheme, to flexible working hours and child care facilities the University of Innsbruck offers its employees a wide range of benefits which is being continuously extended.
Along with interesting oppurtunities for the participation in job-related and personal further education courses, and the succesful compatibility of career and family, employees can benefit from a large range of courses offered by the University Sports Institute (USI), the language courses offered by the ISI, the University Library and take advantage of the various canteens offering reasonably priced food.
A summary of the benefits for University employees can be found here: http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/
The University of Innsbruck as employer
Are you looking for a new challenge? The University of Innsbruck is a place of study, research and employment for more than 31.000 people. As one of the largest employers in Tyrol the University offers a varied and exciting field of activity for its employees from very diverse educational and professional backgrounds. The University explicitly welcomes diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. It is a certified family-friendly workplace and received the award 'Top workplace 2018' from the Austrian business magazine 'trend'.
At the University of Innsbruck researchers from all over the world come together. Depending on the individual scientific community the language used may be German, English or another (if unanimously decided).
Internal communication is in German. Therefore a basic knowledge of German or the willingness to acquire such knowledge is essential.
EURAXESS offer ID: 576416
Posting organisation offer ID: BIWI-11602
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.