ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › OtherEnvironmental science › Global changeGeosciences › OtherPhysics › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/12/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK20
The Department of Water, Atmosphere and Environment, Institut of Meteorology and Climatology at BOKU University is currently seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate.
Extent of employment: 20 hours per week
Duration of employment: unlimited
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1 lit. b., € 1.944,80
- Contribute to research activities of the institute as well as independent research in the area of coupled, multi-scale climate modeling
- Contribute to the preparation, submission, execution and administration of national and international third-party funded projects
- Disseminate research results in scientific journals
- Advise bachelor students and co-advise master and PhD students, contribute to teaching activities of the institute in the field of expertise
- Participate in evaluation and quality assurance measures
- Participate in the institute's administration as well as in the administration of the university
Required skills and qualifications:
- Doctoral degree/PhD in meteorology, physics or a related field
- Research background in coupled climate modeling across scales (global-regional)
- Experience in process studies in atmospheric dynamics and atmospheric chemistry
- Experience in the coupling of models and model components (especially chemistry and/or vegetation modeling)
- Experience in the creation and/or analysis of multi-member or multi-model ensembles
- Publication record and experience in funding acquisition corresponding to career stage
- Proficiency in scientific programming
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Team player, reliable, open
- Strong English skills (written and oral)
- Willingness to travel for national and international conferences and workshops
- Work on and solve problems independently, meet deadlines
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please send your job application incl. motivation letter and CV to the Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, 1190 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Reference code: 212)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 576021
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.