ORGANISATION/COMPANYComplexity Science Hub Vienna
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/11/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
The Complexity Science Hub Viennais a young research institution dedicated to a deeper quantitative and predictive understanding of complex systems for the betterment of society. We provide an exciting, creative, bureaucracy-free environment for open-minded visionaries who want to make a change and are brave enough to step out of mainstream science.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The research team which the appointed candidate would join deals with modeling and data analysis of processes involved in the evolution of complex human societies as well as factors causing state breakdown and collapse. The empirical arm of this project is the Seshat Databank that aggregates the knowledge of historians and archeologists about long-term evolution and dynamics of past societies.The candidatewill also become involved in the work of other research groups.
- design and maintain scientificdatabases, in particular the Seshat database (http://seshatdatabank.info/)
- adapt the existing version of Seshat (a wiki) to a graph database
- design and deploy a web interface toinput data into the database
- design and build tools and protocols needed to represent new datatypes, and make them usable for researchers in charge of modelling and data analysis
- create the input and quality control tools needed to input and to check the data
- publish stable subsets of data used for each scientific publication (which promotes reproducibility of the results)
- manage the website, its traffic and ensure its availability; browser and websitescripting
YOUR PROFILE (IDEALLY)
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevantfield
- experience in working with large websites and theiroperation
- familiarity with revision control systems, especially GIT
- skills in web development, networks, database systems
- You are self-motivated, inquisitive and like tocollaborate with a diverse and international team of researchers
- You are curious about history, complex systems, and science in general
A position in a dynamic, creative, internationally oriented, appreciative and open working environment. The variety of projects at the Hub will allow you to engage in new and hot topicsand to collaborate with world renowned scientists. The salary for this position depends on education, qualification and work experience.
To apply, please submit your CV, a motivation letter as well as any additional material that helps us understand that you are the right person for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org until November 15,2020 (further applications will be screened until the role has been filled).We especially encourage female candidates to apply.The CSH Vienna processes your personal data in accordance with the law. (https://www.csh.ac.at/data-protection/)
EURAXESS offer ID: 575608
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.