ORGANISATION/COMPANYmdw - University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, Department of Folk Music Research and Ethnomusicology
RESEARCH FIELDArts › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/01/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2022
- Teaching in the fields of music education, instrumental & voice education, instrumental stuides, scientific doctoral studies and in the master’s course in ethnomusicology
- Participation in the research agendas of the department and the mdw
- Own field research
- Development, participation and implementation of (third-party funded) research projects
- Participation in organizational, administrative and committee tasks as well as in evaluation measures in the context of the mdw as well as the department
Gross salary, according to the collective agreement, amounts to € 5,245.60 per month (14 salaries per year). A possible higher salary, depending on qualifications and previous experience, is subject to appointment negotiations.
Applications must be submitted in electronic form via the mdw application portal https://www.mdw.ac.at/bewerbungsportal. All application material should be sent in PDF format.
The University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna is committed to the equal treatment of all qualified applicants regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, world-view, age, or disability.
The University is particularly interested in increasing the percentage of women working in the artistic, scientific and general university personnel ranks. It therefore expressly encourages qualified women to apply.
It should be specifically mentioned, however, that applicants who are invited to the audition will not receive remuneration from the university for incurred travel and hotel expenses.
- A university degree corresponding to the field of study and a scientific doctorate in ethnomusicology / musicology with a focus on ethnomusicology
- An excellent academic qualification for the relevant field, proven by habilitation or equivalent achievements
- Broad international lecture and publication activities
- Experience in ethnographic research
- Involvement in the international scientific community
- Rich academic teaching experience
- English and German at a high level
- Familiarity with current international ethnomusicological discourses
- Competencies in inter- and transdisciplinary cooperation
- Pedagogical and didactic experience for the position to be filled, which is checked by means of a teaching sample
- Experience in the conception, acquisition and implementation of research projects as well as in research organization
- Experience in academic self-government
- Relevant experience in supervising academic theses at all curricular levels
- Experience in leadership positions
EURAXESS offer ID: 575102
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.