ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Cyprus
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/11/2020 14:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
Application Code: FOSS2020SS-11
The PV Technology Laboratory of FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy of the University of Cyprus,
announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at
FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy.
It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full-time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to
• First Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics, with
at least a 2.1 class or equivalent.
Ideally, the successful candidate must have experience in research programs related to the research fields
of the Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory. Prior experience in any of the following fields will be beneficial:
• Power Systems.
• Smart Grids.
• Artificial Neural Networks, expert systems and applications to the field of energy.
• ICT applications in the field of energy.
• Programming in Python especially for energy related applications.
High academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Special Scientist will be conducting research according to the needs of the research projects of the
Photovoltaic Technology Laboratory in the field of Solar Energy and specifically, Photovoltaic Technology. The
duties, apart from the research activity, will include the following:
• Writing Reports and research publications.
• Research Proposal Preparation.
• Support in writing Research Proposals.
• Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year students) and postgraduate
• Support in research project management.
• Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
The monthly employment cost for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €8,57/hr - €20/hr
or €1200-2800 (monthly gross salary €1044,39 – 2436,90). From this amount, employer and employee
contributions to the various Government Funds as well as any income tax will be deducted. The salary can
vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial
contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful
progress. 13th salary is not provided.
Ideally, the position should be combined with an application for a PhD at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus and the research work that will be carried out will be the subject of the doctoral thesis.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
1. Letter of interest for the specific position.
2. Full CV including description of previous experience, as well as reference to the grades of degrees and
school certificate [apolyterion].
3. Copies of degrees and transcripts of first degree (and of Master’s degree/degrees, if applicable).
4. Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
Monday, 16th of November 2020.
*The application must include the application code FOSS2020SS-11.
For more information please contact: Prof. George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email:
EURAXESS offer ID: 571520
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.