ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Innsbruck
RESEARCH FIELDPolitical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/11/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40 hours per week
- for 6 years, possibility of a qualification agreement
Assistant Professor (full time, 6 years, with tenure-track option), Department of Political Science, starting on 1st of March 2021) Main tasks:
- engaging in research projects with experimental designs and/or on experimental methods in political science;
- participating in the research area on “Methodology and Methods in Political Science” at the Department of Political Science;
- teaching and supervising theses in the BA, MA, and PhD programs in Political Science at the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences;
- participating in the activities of the research platform “Empirical and Experimental Economics”, “Organizations & Society“, and/or other research platforms and areas of the University of Innsbruck;
- participating in (inter)national professional networks in the field of political science (e.g. ÖGPW, ECPR, EPSA);
- contributing to academic administration.
- PhD in political science or related disciplines;
- excellent knowledge of research designs and methods in political science;
- research projects with experimental designs and/or on experimental methods in political science, demonstrated through publications in subject-relevant journals with (double-blind) peer review and listing in the Web of Science;
- relevant academic achievements beyond the PhD thesis;
- several months of professional experience as a post-doc researcher;
- experience in the application for and the implementation of third-party-funded projects;
- experience in post-graduate academic mobility;
- didactic competence (demonstrated by student evaluations);
- social competence;
- proficiency (C1) in English and German (or the willingness to teach in German within a five-year period);
- applications have to include comprehensive research and teaching concepts;
- applications have to include the names and contact details of at least two referees.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
What the University of Innsbruck offers:
From a company pension scheme, to flexible working hours and child care facilities the University of Innsbruck offers its employees a wide range of benefits which is being continuously extended.
Along with interesting oppurtunities for the participation in job-related and personal further education courses, and the succesful compatibility of career and family, employees can benefit from a large range of courses offered by the University Sports Institute (USI), the language courses offered by the ISI, the University Library and take advantage of the various canteens offering reasonably priced food.
A summary of the benefits for University employees can be found here: http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/
The University of Innsbruck as employer
Are you looking for a new challenge? The University of Innsbruck is a place of study, research and employment for more than 31.000 people. As one of the largest employers in Tyrol the University offers a varied and exciting field of activity for its employees from very diverse educational and professional backgrounds. The University explicitly welcomes diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. It is a certified family-friendly workplace and received the award 'Top workplace 2018' from the Austrian business magazine 'trend'.
At the University of Innsbruck researchers from all over the world come together. Depending on the individual scientific community the language used may be German, English or another (if unanimously decided).
Internal communication is in German. Therefore a basic knowledge of German or the willingness to acquire such knowledge is essential.
EURAXESS offer ID: 569265
Posting organisation offer ID: POSO-11561
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.