ORGANISATION/COMPANYTallinn University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDGeosciences › Geology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/11/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tallinn
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/02/2021
The Department of Geology is seeking to appoint a Senior Researcher who will assist in the development of a vibrant, internationally recognized Mining Science and Engineering program at TalTech. The Senior Researcher will work with key stakeholders in the extractives sector in the Nordic region. The successful candidate will be committed to independently funded, high quality research and take a leadership role in the development and delivery of education programming at the undergraduate, post-graduate and life-long-learning levels.
- Publishing research findings in high quality, peer-reviewed journals;
- Contributing to the teaching of undergraduate and post-graduate courses;
- Developing a Life-Long-Learning program for Mining Science and Engineering;
- Supervising and Co-supervising undergraduate and graduate research students to completion;
- Contributing to day-to-day management of the Department of Geology;
- Establishing and maintaining effective research collaborations at the university, local, national and international level;
- Supporting the development of a research portfolio in Modern Mining Systems;
- Cooperating with industrial and government agencies in their research and development activities;
- Contributing to the development of the Department of Geology research strategy;
- Other duties as required by Supervisor.
For further information regarding the post, please contact Professor Michael Hitch, Head of the Department of Geology firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please send the following documents in English by 30 November 2020 (the application deadline) at the latest by using the link:
- an application/cover letter;
- documents proving that the candidate holds the required academic degree (a PhD or an equivalent qualification) and has acquired the required education;
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- an academic portfolio;
- other documents considered to be important by the candidate.
TalTech as an employer offers
- Modern ergonomic working conditions and a flexible schedule;
- One of the most compact university campuses in Europe that is situated next to the technology and many high-tech companies and start-ups (Skype, Starship Technologies etc.);
- Individual development and training opportunities;
- Material and non-material tokens of acknowledgement;
- Sporting opportunities;
- All-staff activities and a balanced work and family life.
TalTech is an international scientific community with 11,000 students and approximately 1,800 employees, one of the largest universities in Estonia that is a leading EU country in digitalization. The strengths of the university are wide multidisciplinary study/research interests, modern research and study environment as well as good collaboration with international educational and research institutions.
More information about TalTech: https://taltech.ee/en/
Department of Geology: https://taltech.ee/en/department-geology
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
A successful candidate should have:
- PhD in Mining Engineering;
- Understanding of modern mining systems and application of data technologies to sustainable mining practices;
- Track record of success in competitive grant applications;
- Demonstrated experience in supervising research students;
- Track record of effective research impact through the publication of peer-reviewed journal papers, conference abstracts and public engagement;
- Proven competency in undergraduate and post-graduate teaching, scholarship of teaching and learning, distributive and online teaching methodologies;
- Language skills: English (advanced); Estonian* (basic).
* The candidate is expected to learn basic Estonian within a reasonable time after taking the position.
EURAXESS offer ID: 567659
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.