ORGANISATION/COMPANYCIMNE TECNOLOGIA, S.A.
RESEARCH FIELDTechnology › Communication technology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/11/2020 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2021
OKTICS is a high-tech company held in Barcelona, created in February 2019, and emerged as a spin-off of the International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE) which is a public Catalonian research center. CIMNE Technología acts as an incubator and stakeholder of their companies to promote the commercialization of CIMNE technologies in order to maximize and guarantee their exploitation profit.
OKTICS develops its activity in the sector of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), mainly linked to the development, production, commercialization of highly innovative products to drive companies to the digital transformation in sectors as diverse as Health or Horeca under the OKO trademark.
Since its origins, the company has focused on the line of development of digital signage technology or digital signage, for sending and programming of interactive audiovisual content, applied initially to the Horeca sector, through intelligent assistants / virtual concierges embedded in screens and mirrors. This project has evolved and OKTICS diversified this technology towards the eHealth sector through the development of an intelligent assistant for physical exercise, embedded in a digital environment within a mirror, mainly based in computer vision and deep learning technologies applied to real-time video processing.
The global crisis generated by the pandemic caused by Covid19 has allowed to glimpse the benefits of telemedicine, and how its implementation improves the care and monitoring of patients by specialized health centers. To achieve the advancement of the health sector in digitization, it is necessary that the devices and tools developed provide reliability. Although, currently, there are many telemedicine tools in the market, these are mainly focused on diagnosis and consultation to support the local health system.
In the case of virtual assistants or tools for guiding and monitoring exercises programmed by a health professional, there are some emerging solutions but all of them have shortcomings. Some of the health areas where these tools can be easily implemented are those in which the user performs physical exercises such as, for example, rehabilitation routines, cardiovascular exercises, stretching, yoga, etc.
In this context, OKTICS aims to develop an intelligent assistant, in the form of a mirror, being able to monitoring the movements and exercises of the patients who undergo rehabilitation processes or sports training plans. This system will be based on AI and Computer Vision algorithms that will be able to guide the patients correctly in the execution of the exercises, correct them and learn from their evolution.
OKTICS is interested in applying to Tecniospring Program (http://catalonia.com/innovate-in-catalonia/tecniospringplus/). Tecniospring INDUSTRY offers financial support to cover up to 100% of 2-year employment contracts and develop research activity with a clear market focus.
The incoming researcher is expected to support and structure the development and procedures related to develop this intelligent assistant by applying Computer Vision and Deep Learning techniques to allow the evaluation of the execution of exercises, to implement alerts that detect subtle changes in performance during their execution, mechanisms to provide feedback to the patients based on the alerts generated to correct and guide them to a proper performance through voice, text and visual elements
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Ph.D. or MSCs in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- Strong background in Computer Vision and Deep Learning. Preferably knowledge on video-based tasks.
- Strong and demonstrable experience with Python.
- Strong and demonstrable experience with Deep Learning frameworks (TensorFlow/Keras or PyTorch).
- Strong and demonstrable experience with Computer Vision libraries (OpenCV, Pillow/PIL, scikit-image).
- Experience with version control systems (preferably git).
- Knowledge or experience of container-related technologies will be taken into account.
- Knowledge or experience of Edge ML/Tiny ML technologies will be taken into account.
- Participation in competitions like Kaggle will be taken into account.
The experienced researcher can be of any nationality and has to fit the following requirements:
- A PhD and two additional years of full-time research experience, or
- At least six years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for the submission of applications (16/11/2020). Exceptions will be made for candidates with justified career breaks.
EURAXESS offer ID: 567311
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.