ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Centre for Translational Eye Research, Institute of Physical Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesComputer sciencePhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Warszawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE15/11/2020
REFERENCE NUMBERRecruitment No. MCBO/18/2020
The International Center for Translational Eye Research (ICTER) is a multi-investigator center for eye research as related to imaging and biochemical techniques to support advances in understanding the etiology and treatment of human blinding diseases. Further information on the research priorities and current expertise of our Center can be found at http://www.icter.pl.
The group is led by Dr Marcin Tabaka (PI) and initially will comprise the following staff: 2 postdocs, 2 PhD students and a lab manager. The group will leverage high-throughput single-cell RNA and ATAC sequencing to address fundamental questions in eye research.
The Institute is seeking an exceptional candidate with a Ph.D. degree interested in developing new analytical and scalable computational tools for analysis of high-throughput single-cell transcriptomics and epigenomics data. The candidate should have a strong background in math, statistics and computer sciences. No single-cell genomics or bioinformatics background is required just an inclination to acquire such knowledge is a must.
- Full-time employment contract;
- Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment;
- International cooperation with experienced researchers;
- Competitive salary (11 000 PLN ~ 2 500 EUR gross/month)
- Autonomous position in the professional and dynamically developing innovative team;
Key assessment criteria:
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of scientific publications in which the candidate is the first author, corresponding author or a significant author, and patent applications or implementation
- Proven experience of developing/implementing novel algorithms for modeling of real-world data (conference papers, GitHub repositories or equivalent)
- Mobility in his/her scientific career (research internships, change in the scientific profile, internships and work in industry);
- Presented opinions via. Reference letters
Please submit the following required documents:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Scan or photocopy of candidate's MSc and PhD degree.
- List of publications (highlighting most important studies), patent applications, patents, implementations, research projects.
- List of algorithms and/or software developed
- Information about any breaks in performing research work, e.g. maternity leave, internship in industry, etc. When assessing the achievements of the candidate the Competition Committee shall take into account breaks in research and shall convert the candidate's indicated achievements into effective years of scientific work.
- At least one recommendation letter from a reputable expert.
to firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly specify in the application topic: Recruitment no. MCBO 18/2020. Successful candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria and qualifications will be invited for an interview (beginning of November 2020). Competition results shall be announced by 12.11.2020.
The International Centre for Translational Eye Research (Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS) is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.
The Project/Centre is funded within the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science, grant No MAB/2019/12. It is a collaboration between Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS and University College London, UK.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalentComputer science: PhD or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Ph.D. degree (obtained not earlier than 1 January 2016) in Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or related quantitative discipline.
- Strong background in statistics, optimization and machine learning.
- Prior experience of developing and implementing algorithms for modeling of real-world data
- Proficiency in Python and/or R
- Fluency in Unix
- Knowledge of symbolic algebra software (e.g. Maple) is a plus
- Strong publication record;
- Proven experience in leveraging best practices from research community;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and manage projects and people
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in English both spoken and written
Key responsibilities of the successful candidates include:
- Participation in research projects and attendance at team meetings to share results
- Develop and implement novel machine learning algorithms for analysis of high-dimensional single-cell genomics data
- Develop new strategies for high-dimensional data visualization
- Collaborate with experimentalists and data scientists to develop scalable tools for data analysis
- Analyze data from large-scale scRNA-Seq and scATAC-Seq experiments
- Design and lead independent projects
- Active participation in conferences and creation of grant applications
- Prepare and write scientific papers for leading journals and conferences, together with dissemination of project results on workshops and conferences;
- Contribute to generation of protocols and intellectual property
- Assisting PhD students.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 563284
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.