RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Heterogeneous catalysisChemistry › Homogeneous catalysisChemistry › Organic chemistryChemistry › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/10/2020 22:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONHungary › Budapest
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/12/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER960762
PhD Project Title: Efficient and sustainable synthesis of new chiral ligands for homogeneous catalysis
PhD Project description:
Development of sustainable protocols for C-H arylations in the following areas:
• Design and development of homogeneous catalytic systems using continuous flow technology with key focus on asymmetric synthesis.
• Methodology development using homogeneous or heterogeneous Ni and Pd-based catalysts.
• Multigram synthesis of targeted chiral scaffolds using low Pd-catalyst loadings.
The PhD position is available within the C-H Activation for Industrial Renewal (CHAIR) ETN project. For more information on CHAIR please visit chair-itn.eu
The position is open to candidates of any nationality, as long as they fulfill the requirements set for the ESRs funded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions:
- Candidates who have previously obtained a Ph.D. degree, or have more than 4 years of research activity from the date when they have obtained a University diploma giving access to doctoral studies, are not eligible.
- Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in country where the PhD will be conducted for more than 12 months within 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
The salary of the ESRs will be paid according to the Marie Skłodowska-Curie action rules. See:
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Relevant skills that will be considered are:
- Practical experience in analytical methods (NMR, MS, HPLC)
- Good level of English proficiency (understood, spoken and written)
- Skills in scientific writing (reports, papers, etc.)
- Team spirit and collaborative predisposition
- Desirable extra competences: background in C-H activation / functionalization, catalysis or flow chemistry
EURAXESS offer ID: 562030
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.