ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Stavanger
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNorway › STAVANGER
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
About the position
The University of Stavanger is looking for an Associate Professor within trade, logistics and supply chains at UiS Business School, Department of Innovation, Leadership and Marketing.
The main tppic of the position is the relationship between globalization of trade - driven by international trade policy and innovations in transport, production and digital technology - and the organization and competitiveness of supply chains and logistics. The international goods movement is being transformed by new technology, new standards and requirements for sustainability. The UN's 17 sustainable development goals have significant implications for future supply chains and trade policy. Supply chains are central to most companies' strategies and competitiveness. Companies choose different strategies for positioning and organizing the supply chain with regard to suppliers and customers, with regard to international and domestic guidelines and regulations, delivery time, quality and costs. Traditional structures in supply chains are constantly changing based on e.g. Industry 4.0, Lean thinking, and e-commerce and social media. It is a requirement that candidates are able to do top empirical research on the issues mentioned here.
The person who is hired will primarily work with teaching, supervision and research in a new BA program in Customs, goods movement and border control. This innovative study program has been developed in close collaboration between the Norwegian Customs, Faculty of Science and Technology and the Business School at UiS.
The study program will replace the previous customs education in Norway and contains economic, legal, security-related and social science topics. In addition, students will spend a lot of time in practice at customs offices. At the same time, the candidate will take part in research within the field. Possibly, the candidate will also teach operations management, or related topics, within other study programs at the UiS Business School.
The development/use of digital and diverse learning methods, innovation, value creation based on results from research, and academic development work, will be included in the position.
The general job description gives a more detailed account of the subject area and relevant duties for associate professors.
We are looking for an associate professor with a doctorate or equivalent competence in the research field.
Applicants must have:
- a strong research background (including strong skills in quantitative methods/statistics) as well as the ability and desire to conduct high quality research
- a proven track record of research published in top-tier peer-reviewed journals (e.g. level 3 or higher, rated in the Academic Journal Guide published by the Association of Business Schools)
- relevant teaching experience at all levels and proof of excellent performance (e.g., student evaluations)
Promising candidates who do not satisfy the qualification requirements for a permanent position at the UiS Business School may be offered a three-year qualification period.
You must be able to document pedagogical and didactic skills relating to higher education, and basic skills in planning, evaluation and development of teaching and supervision. If you do not meet the competence requirement you must complete a university pedagogy course within a period of two years of the appointment start date. The course will be provided by the university.
The working and teaching languages are Norwegian and English. It will be emphasized positively if the candidate masters a Scandinavian language, but this is not an absolute criterion. Applicants who do not currently master the Scandinavian language are therefore also encouraged to apply for the position.
If you do not have a good command of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language, you must acquire Norwegian language skills equivalent to level B2 within a period of three years from the appointment start date. If required, you will be offered a Norwegian course paid for by the university.
The following attributes are also desirable
- ability and desire to conduct high guality research
- a proven track record of research published in acknowledged journals (in the Academic Journal Guide published by the Association of Business Schools)
- relevant working life knowledge
- ability to inspire colleagues with regard to research and educational development
- ability to initiate, obtain external funding for, lead and carry out major research and development projects
- research results published in recognised Norwegian and/or international publications, and references indicating progression in research and publications
- a reflective and conscientious attitude towards your own teaching and supervision
- ability to involve and engage students in teaching where the course's objectives, content and assessment situations are closely interlinked
- experience and/or interest in the development of varied learning methods and digital tools in teaching
- experience of partnerships with businesses
- experience with relevant international research networks and the ability to build and nurture networks -regionally, nationally and internationally
- experience with innovation and the commercialisation of research
- ability to manage a heavy workload, inquisitiveness, and motivation to develop new knowledge in collaboration with others
- good teamwork and communication skills, and ability to contribute to a constructive working environment
- excellent working conditions and facilitation of competence development
- varied duties in a large, exciting and socially important organisation
- an ambitious work community which is developing rapidly. We strive to include employees at all levels in strategic decisions and promote an informal atmosphere with a flat organisational structure.
- colleague-based guidance programme during your first year of teaching at UiS, NyTi.
- salary in accordance with the State Salary Scale, l.pl 17.510, Associate Professor, code 1011 kr 640.000 - 765.000. A higher salary may be considered in special cases.
- automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which provides favourable insurance- and retirement benefits.
- favourable membership terms at a gym and at the company sports club
- employment with an Inclusive Workplace organisation which is committed to reducing sick leave, increasing the proportion of employees with reduced working capacity, and increasing the number of professionally active seniors
- Home-job-home, discounted public transport to and from work
- as an employee in Norway, you will have access to an optimal health service, as well as good pensions, generous maternity/paternity leave, and a competitive salary. Nursery places are guaranteed and reasonably priced
- relocation programme in event of moving to Norway, including support and language courses for spouses
Your application will be assessed by an expert committee. In the expert assessment, emphasis will be placed on submitted scientific works and documented teaching competence. The committe will also assess your experience with popularisation/dissemination activities, university politics and administration, and any other documented qualifications relevant to the position.
If you do not satisfy key parts of the qualification requirements, you may have your application rejected before applications are submitted to the expert committee for assessment.
Based on the expert committee's statement, relevant applicants will be invited to an interview and a teaching demonstration before any recommendations are made.
The university aims to recruit more women into professor positions; thus, if several applicants are considered to have equal qualifications, a woman will be given priority over a man.
It is a prerequisite that the appointee has a residence which enables him or her to be present at/available to the academic community during ordinary working hours.
The position has been announced in both Norwegian and English. In the case of differences of opinion between the texts, the Norwegian text shall be decisive.
Information about the appointment procedure can be obtained from HR-adviser Kirsten Sikveland, tel: +4751833701, e-mail: email@example.com
Apply for the position online via the “Apply for the position” link on this page. Here you can submit your application and CV with relevant education and experience.
The following documents must be uploaded as attachments to your application in separate files:
- relevant certificates and references.
- complete list of scientific work
- up to 10 works which document your teaching and educational competence; see Guidelines for the Assessment of Teaching Skills.
- up to 10 scientific works which are pivotal to your research output, including your PhD thesis
- documentation of other relevant activities concerning the position requirements
The documentation must be available in either a Scandinavian language or in English. If the total size of the attachments exceeds 30 MB, they must be compressed before upload. Information and documentation to be taken into account in the assessment must be submitted within the application dealine.
Please note that information on applicants may be published even if the applicant has requested not to be included in the official list of applicants - see Section 25 of the Freedom of Information Act.
UiS only considers applications and attachments registered in JobbNorge.
UiS - challenge the well-known and explore the unknown
The University of Stavanger (UiS) has about 12,000 students and 1,800 employees. The University is located in the third largest urban region in Norway, with a dynamic labor market and exciting cultural and leisure activities. We are the only Norwegian member of the European Consortium of Innovative Universities. The university has high ambitions. We will be a driving force in the development of knowledge in the region, and an international research university with an emphasis on innovation. Together with our staff and students, we will challenge the well-known and explore the unknown.
The University of Stavanger Business School carries out research and offers study programs across all areas of business.
The study options include bachelor programs in Business Administration, Accounting & Auditing, and Law. The school also offers master programs in Business Administration, Accounting & Auditing, and Executive MBA, as well as research education (PhD). Centre of Innovation Research and Center for Entrepreneurship are both part of the business school. There are currently 80 employees and 1,200 students at the school.
The UiS Business School is organized in three departments; Department of Innovation, Leadership and Marketing, Department of Accounting and Law and Department of Economics and Finance.
We offer a strong academic professional environment and a good working environment. The faculty is growing and has a positive development.
EURAXESS offer ID: 561951
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.