ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDPsychological sciencesSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/12/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. It`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (FHSE) brings together expertise from the humanities, linguistics, cognitive sciences, social and educational sciences. People from across 20 disciplines are working within the Faculty. Along with the disciplinary approach a very ambitious interdisciplinary research culture has been developed.
The faculty’s research and teaching focuses on social, economic, political and educational issues with the common goal of contributing to an inclusive, open and resourceful society. The FHSE offers four Bachelor and 15 Master degrees and a doctoral school providing students with the necessary knowledge and high-qualified skills to succeed in their future career.
The Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences at the University of Luxembourg has a job opening within the Department of Social Sciences, Institute of Education and Society in collaboration with the LUCET – Luxembourg Centre for Educational Testing.
- Contribute to the project "Évaluation de l’application de l’indicateur social dans le cadre de l'attribution du contingent par commune dans l’enseignement fondamental"
- Systematically review the empirical body of knowledge on classroom effects as a predictor of student performance and educational inequalities
- Analyze the impact of school and classroom effects on student performance and educational inequalities in nationally representative longitudinal large-scale data emerging from the Luxembourg School Monitoring Programme ÉpStan
- Contribute to research and teaching in the fields of educational sociology (education systems, educational inequalities) and methods of social science research
- Support of Institute activities (lecture series, seminars, symposia)
- Master’s degree, diploma in educational sciences, sociology or psychology
- Profound knowledge of theories and empirical findings of educational research
- Knowledge of institutional characteristics of education systems, particularly with regard to the Luxembourgish primary education system
- Sound knowledge and experiences in quantitative research methods (including specific software packages like SPSS, Mplus, HLM, STATA etc.)
- Excellent command of German and/or French; very good command of English
For further information please contact: Prof. Dr. Andreas Hadjar, email@example.com
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 36 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL03613
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- List of publications (if available)
- Copies of diplomas
- Names and contact details of two academic referees
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. WiFi on campus. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
EURAXESS offer ID: 561602
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.