ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/12/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. It`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
The position is funded by the ERA Chair SanDALin Mathematical Statistics and Data Science
- Collaborate with the members of the team to create and keep updated new R packages
- Perform code reviews to ensure performance
- Design and develop tests using test automation tools
- Process data sets and contribute to the scientific production of the team
- A Master degree is required in computer science/engineering or in another field but with equivalent proven experience in software development
- Strong programming skills in R and C++, knowledge of Python is considered an advantage
- Have a taste for statistics and their applications to Life Sciences and Industry, some knowledge of Statistics is considered an asset
- Good written and oral skills in English
- Excellent research conditions in an international and inspiring environment
- The UL HPC Platform: 690 computing nodes for a total cumulative capacity of 1262.869 TFlops (11228 CPU cores) and a shared storage capacity of 8742.4 TB (+ 1020 TB for backup)
- Possibility to become a member of dynamic and quickly growing university
- A competitive salary
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Foreseen starting date: December 2020
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL03612
For further information, please contact
Interested candidates should provide:
- a CV
- a short letter of motivation
- a list of publications/software projects
- a description of past experience and future interests
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. WiFi on campus. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
EURAXESS offer ID: 561577
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.