ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Mediterranean and Oriental Cultures Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/10/2020 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2020
The post of assistant professor is offered in the Department of Ancient Egyptian and Near East Cultures, for a specialist in the field of the archaeology of Egypt with a special focus on the Egyptian temple.
General expectations include: involvement in the research project of the Institute according to the programme set by the Scientific Council of the Institute, submitting minimum one scientific publication during the first year of employment, activity in promoting research conducted by the Institute.
Basic maternity leaves 20 weeks (6 of these may be used ante partum, and 6 may be used by father if his social security allows. In case of multiple births basic maternity leave is longer and dependent on a number of children (e.g. for twins – 33 weeks), after that parental leave, which can be used by either of parents (depending on their social security) is 32 to 34 weeks depending on a number of children. During the maternity leave the parent receives 100% of her/his original wage, while during the parental leave she/he receives 60%, but mothers, who decide at once to stay with the child for 1 year receive 80% for all that time. Vacation is 36 work days.
To take part in the competition the candidate has to fulfil conditions prescribed by the Law of Polish Academy of Sciences of 30th April 2010 (with later modifications).
The basic eligibility criterion is to possess the degree of PhD in the field of archaeology, preferred specialisation: archaeology of Egypt.
Applicants should submit to the Secretary of the Institute via e-mail: email@example.com (e-mail acceptable in form of secured *.pdf documents) the following:
1) Application addressed to the Director of the Institute,
2) Scientific CV
3) Personal questionnaire (English version available at e-mail request)
4) Copy (certified as being a true copy) of PhD diploma or equivalent. In the case of countries of origin whose documents of that type are not mutually recognised on basis of international agreements or the Prague Convention, a nostrification note issued by appropriate authorities according to Polish Law is necessary.
5) List of published works, including the number of pages and publishing house;
6) Plan of research and publications for one year
7) Commitment, that in case of acceptance, the Institute will become the principal employee and the agreement to be included in the “N” quota of employees will be signed by the applicant.
Interview at the Institute: October 27, 2020, starting at 12:00 Warsaw time, interview via Skype.
Skype name should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 1 day in advance of the interview.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELHistory: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: GoodPOLISH: GoodOTHER: Basic
- PhD in Archaeology
- Documented publication achievements
- Knowledge of archaeology of Egypt
Interest in the archaeology of Egypt and especially in the Egyptian temple.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Mediterranean and Oriental Cultures Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 561246
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.