ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Cyprus
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering › Computer engineeringEngineering › Electrical engineeringMathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/11/2020 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces ten (10) research positions, for full-time employment. The successful candidates will conduct research under multiple KIOS projects funded by the European Union, including the flagship KIOS CoE Teaming project, as well as national or industry-funded projects. The required skills and expertise for the announced positions include one or more of the following areas:
• Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructure Systems including Power Systems, Smart Water Networks, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Telecommunication Networks and Smart Buildings (4 positions)
• Autonomous Multi-Agent Systems, Unmanned Air and Terrestrial Vehicles, Emergency Response Technologies (1 Position)
• Cyber-Physical Security, Dependability and Fault-Diagnosis (2 Positions)
• Machine Learning, Optimization, Intelligent Control, (2 Positions)
• Embedded and Real-Time Systems, Edge Computing, IoT Technologies (1 Position)
Short Description – Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible to conduct fundamental and/or applied research and/or engage in innovation and entrepreneurship activities in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control, Security of Critical Infrastructure Systems. Depending on their qualifications and expertise, successful candidates will be responsible to prepare reports and project deliverables, contribute to the preparation of research proposals, and assist in the supervision of undergraduate students. Furthermore, successful candidates will be encouraged to publish their research results in international conferences and journals.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and/or in a team in fundamental and/or applied research, typically in the context of research and/or innovation projects. The ideal candidate must be able to produce, publish, and present research results in high quality conferences and journals and/or engage in innovation activities and transfer of knowledge, be able to prepare reports and project deliverables for KIOS CoE project(s), attend academic and/or other conferences and seminars for further personal and professional development, assist in the preparation of research and/or innovation proposals, present periodically to KIOS personnel the progress of their research, and assist in the training, education, and dissemination activities of the KIOS CoE.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
• Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date as well as the research area that they apply to (a candidate may apply in more than one area)
• Short description of their academic and research experiences (can be combined with the cover letter) (1-page maximum)
• A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
• Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
• At least two reference letters, uploaded directly from the referees
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Friday, 13th of November 2020, at 5 pm. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s or/and Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related field from an accredited institution
• Doctorate degree or equivalent in the subject areas directly related to Information and Communication Technologies or Engineering and Technology or Natural, Applied and Social sciences.
EURAXESS offer ID: 561186
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.