- FCT/UNL - CENIMAT|i3N
- Research Field
- Engineering » Materials engineeringEngineering
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- European Union / Next Generation EU
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
A position is open for a Research Fellowship for a Master under the project FROM FOSSIL TO FOREST - F2F, REFª [C632868078-00467205], financed under Invitation Notice n.º 02/C05-i01/2022 regarding the development of projects within the scope of the Mobilizing Agendas for Business Innovation, framed and financed under component n.º 5 - Capitalization and Business Innovation of the Recovery and Resilience in Portugal.
- Scientific field: Materials Engineering and related areas
- Admission requirements: Applicants must hold a Masters degree in Materials Engineering/Chemistry/Physics or related areas, and be enrolled in a PhD or a course that does not award an academic degree. Priority will be given to the Materials Engineering/Chemistry area and to candidates with research experience in the specific scientific area of the work plan. The documents attesting to this academic situation must be submitted before the contracting stage of the scholarship and may be replaced by a declaration of honor during the application process.
- Workplan: Under this PRR project (From Fossil to Forest) outlines the candidates need to do the following research developments:
- Designing and fabricating sensors (thermal/humidity of food quality) on different types of packaging materials.
- Materials development (mainly oxide/polymeric) and characteristics design for sensor applications.
- Designing smart surfaces with low-cost bactericidal coatings.
- Study of mechanical and mechano-electrical behavior of cellulose-based devices for different environment conditions.
- Prepare reports and scientific articles, project reports based on the work described above.
4. Applicable legislation and regulations: Law No. 40/2004, of August 18, amended and republished by Decree-Law No. 202/2012 of 27 August (Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow) and amended by Decree-Law No. 233/2012 of 29 October, by Law No. 12/2013 of January 29, Decree-Law No. 89/2013 of July 9 and Decree-Law No. 123/2019 of August 28; Regulation of Research Scholarships of the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P. in force (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2019.pdf).
5. Workplace: The work will be developed at the Materials Research Center (CENIMAT/I3N) of the Nova School of Science and Technology, under the scientific supervision of Dr. Suman Nandy and Dr. Ines Cunha.
6. Duration of the fellowship(s): The fellowship will last for 12 months, starting in January 2023, possibly renewable within the duration of the project.
7. Monthly maintenance allowance amount: The amount of the scholarship corresponds to €1144,64, according to the stock chart of the exchanges awarded directly by FCT, I.P. https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/Tabela_de_Valores_SMM_2022.pdf, payment being made monthly by bank transfer.
8. Selection methods: The curricular evaluation is guided by the valorization of the following elements:
- Academic background (40%);
- Research experience in the area of Materials Engineering ( Level of knowledge in the area of printing, ink preparation, characterization of cellulose-based devices, with emphasis on the area of the work plan, Experience working with electrical characterization techniques) (40%);
- Publications or scientific communications (15%);
- English proficiency (5%).
- If the jury considers it necessary, an interview will take place only with the selected candidates, with the previous items being worth [70%] and the interview [30%]
9. Composition of the Selection Jury:
- President of the Jury – Prof. Rodrigo Martins
- 1st Effective Member – Dr. Suman Nandy
- 2nd Effective Member – Dr. Inês Cunha
- 1st Substitute Member – Prof. Pedro Barquinha
- 2nd Substitute Member – Dr. Emanuel Carlos
10. Notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be notified, up to 90 days after the deadline for submission of applications, by email, of the results proposed by the jury, having access to the minutes. After notification, applicants will have 10 working days to decide on the decision, at a prior hearing of interested parties, in accordance with the Code of Administrative Procedure. The final decision shall be taken after the previous hearing period, again notified to all applicants by e-mail.
11. Application deadline and form of submission of applications: The call for applications is open 20 working days from the date of publishing.
Applications must be sent exclusively by e-mail, mandatorily indicated, in the subject of the e‐ail, of the reference “BI_Mestre_1_F2F” to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org within the deadline for their submission. The application must be instructed with the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- Certificate of qualifications (including grades).
- Two recommendation letters.
- Other supporting documents considered relevant (in particular proof of enrollment in the academic course consistent with the details in point 2 of the Notice).
More info (+)
- Research Field
- Engineering » Materials engineering
- Education Level
- Master Degree or equivalent
- Number of offers available
- FCT/UNL - CENIMAT|i3N
Where to apply
- FCT/UNL-CENIMAT|i3N - Campus de Caparica 2829-516 Caparica Portugal