ORGANISATION/COMPANYCentre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering › Electronic engineeringTechnology › Telecommunications technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/11/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Castelldefels
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
The Communication Technologies Division at CTTC invites applications for one Research and Innovation position in its SMARTECH Department in the framework of a H2020-funded project SEMANTIC (Grant Number 861165). The successful applicant should have a Master or a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science. The applicant will be incorporated in the SMARTECH department (http://technologies.cttc.es/smartech/) .
The selected candidate will:
- Become a member of a competitive research Department with reputation in top-notch publications and fund-raising capacities. Access to cutting-edge experimental facilities and a competitive salary.
- Become a member of the research team of the SEMANTIC project
- Carry out research activities associated to the SMARTECH department, e.g. Network Slicing, Zero Touch Networks, Data-Driven Management Communications and Energy Efficient Communications for AI/ML aided-mechanisms, cybersecurity and experimental validation.
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of the reports of the project
- Lead and support the team members in the preparation of research funding proposals
- Lead, coordinate and participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals
A full-time fixed term, of initial duration of 12 months, contract is offered. The contract may be extended till the end of SEMANTIC project, December 2023. The starting date is flexible from December 2020 - January 2021. The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. The salary will be in the range between 30.000 and 42.000 euro (gross per year).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have a Master or PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Upon successful completion of the fixed-term contract, a renewal might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
- Good knowledge of current technology trends in 5G and Beyond such Network slicing, data driven communications, virtualization and SDN/MEC/NFV
- Good knowledge of Radio Resource Allocation and Management
- Implementation skills with Free Open Source Software (FOSS) for 5G Networks, e.g. Linux networking, GNURadio + USRPs, OpenAirInterface, OpenDaylight, SRS LTE, Free5GCore, etc
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team
- Knowledge of analytical skills in the areas of optimization or machine learning are a benefit.
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
- Knowledge of the ETSI (ZSM, ENI) or ORAN or 3GPP standards.
- Career distinctions
- Basic experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g. EC-H2020.
The successful applicant would have to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
Applications should include:
• Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc) of three referees
• Master or PhD Degree
• Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
CTTC is particularly interested in candidates with good balance of academic qualifications and know-how in their field of knowledge and possibilities to take up the work with a flexible starting date. The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application http://www.cttc.es/career/call-20-2020-1/. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
The deadline for applications is 15th of November, 2020.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
EURAXESS offer ID: 559503
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.