ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Chemical Research of Catalonia ICIQ
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONSpain › Tarragona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
REFERENCE NUMBEREuropean Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement 681840-CATA-LUX
The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking an Experienced Researcher. This position will be funded by European Research Council – ERC project CATA-LUX.
ICIQ is committed to performing excellent research at the frontier of knowledge in the broad area of chemistry (Catalysis, Artificial Photosynthesis, Activation of Small Molecules, Photovoltaics, Functional Molecular Assemblies and Chemical Biology, from either theoretical or experimental perspectives). The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programmes to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (Full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
Our mission is to lead, from the vantage point of molecular science, cross-strategies for solving major social and economic challenges, such as climate change and sustainable supply of energetic and raw materials, thereby contributing to the establishment of a knowledge-based economy and improving citizens’ quality of life in our influence area.
ICIQ is looking for an experienced and motivated researcher with a PhD in Chemistry to carry out research in the group of Prof. Paolo Melchiorre. For this project, we are looking for strongly independent and motivated candidates with a proven track record in enantioselective biocatalysis and expression/purification of enzymes. Only candidates with a PhD degree in enantioselective enzymatic catalysis, synthetic chemistry, and/or synthetic biology in a well-reputed research group will be considered.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement 681840-CATA-LUX
- The successful candidate will work on the development of novel enantioselective enzymatic processes and their mechanistic elucidation.
- The successful candidate is expected to be familiar with cloning and expression of proteins and their purification, as well as with common laboratory techniques and general analytical tools (NMR, GC, HPLC etc).
- Writing reports of the obtained results in a format that is close to a scientific article for publication in international journals; thus a high level of English communication skills (oral and writing) is required.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Complete documentation of research results
- 1-year contract that can potentially be renewed.
- A full time employment contract
- Remuneration according to individual’s qualification/experience
- Incorporation: 1st November 2020
- Application deadline: 1st October 2020
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- PhD or Doctorate in Chemistry
- Good knowledge of scientific English
- Experience in research projects in the field of Organic Chemistry
- Knowledge on common laboratory techniques and analytic tools
- Decision making, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong commitment for scientific research in a competitive environment
- Capability of working autonomously and as member or leader in a small research team
- Guidance/Supervision of PhD students
EURAXESS offer ID: 559500
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.