ORGANISATION/COMPANYmdw - University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, Department of Music Sociology
RESEARCH FIELDArts › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/11/2020 09:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2021
- Teaching in the fields of music sociology, arts sociology and cultural sociology as well as research methods at 6 hours per week per semester
- Supervision of Bachelor and Master or diploma theses
- Independent research in music sociology
- Development, participation and implementation of (third-party funded) research projects
- Development and organization of conferences
- Participation in organizational and administrative tasks of the institute, in committees of the university and in evaluation measures
Gross salary, according to collective bargaining agreement, € 3.889,50 per month (14 times)
Applications must be submitted in electronic form via the mdw application portal https://www.mdw.ac.at/bewerbungsportal. All application material should be sent in PDF format.
The University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna is committed to the equal treatment of all qualified applicants regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, world-view, age, or disability.
The University is particularly interested in increasing the percentage of women working in the artistic, scientific and general university personnel ranks. It therefore expressly encourages qualified women to apply.
It should be specifically mentioned, however, that applicants who are invited to the audition will not receive remuneration from the university for incurred travel and hotel expenses.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESGERMAN: Excellent
- Very good knowledge of (music-)sociological theories
- Very good knowledge of empirical research methods
- Proven knowledge in at least one of the following research areas:
- music - media - technology
- music and youth (cultures)
- music and politics or cultural policy with focus on music
- music, gender and other categories of social inequality
- music, cultural identity and cultural heritage
- labour markets and careers in music
- music education from a social science perspective
- music reception
- Lecture and publication activities
- Participation in international conferences
- Organization experience in the scientific field
- Willingness to work cooperatively in a team.
- A PhD in sociology or in another subject in the humanities, cultural studies or social sciences, if the dissertation has a music-sociological reference
- Teaching experience
- Very good knowledge of German and English
EURAXESS offer ID: 559442
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.