ORGANISATION/COMPANYThe Cyprus Institute
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceMathematics › Applied mathematicsMathematics › Statistics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/11/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European non-profit science and technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI are pursued at its four Research Centers: The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Center (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC) and the Climate and Atmospheric Research Center (CARE-C). Considerable cross-center interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The Cyprus Institute invites applications for Computational Scientists, to pursue research and support for applications that make use of advanced computing technologies. Scientists with a background in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), High-Performance Computing (HPC) or in applications at the interface of HPC and AI and ML are encouraged to apply. The successful candidates are expected partly be engage in research and partly to provide expert support to other groups as part of the National HPC Competence Centre (NCC), in order to increase the uptake of advanced computing technologies by the scientific and industrial user communities.
The rank of the positions will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidates. The initial period of the appointment will be for a duration of 2 years with the possibility of renewal. An internationally competitive remuneration package will be offered, which is commensurate with the level of experience of the successful candidates. The successful candidates will coordinate with other National HPC Competence Centers in EU member countries, participate in training and dissemination events.
The successful candidate will be carrying out the following activities
- Develop scalable algorithms for artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analysis, and simulation for scientific and industrial applications.
- Enable the analysis of big and complex data sets using machine learning and data analysis algorithms that are suitable for HPC infrastructure.
- Perform data-intensive computations and large-scale simulations in the domain of interest.
- Support researchers in academia and industry to exploit state-of-the-art AI technology and large-scale computer infrastructures in Cyprus and on the European level.
- Raise awareness of the utilization of HPC, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Science algorithms for research and innovation through dissemination and training events.
- Deliver appropriate training for the academic, government and industrial sectors.
- Contribute to writing proposals including for accessing computational resources.
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute JobBoard (http://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a letter of interest and a list of three referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact email@example.com. Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
Contact person: Prof. C. Alexandrou
Reference number: CaSToRC_CS_20_04
- A PhD in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, or Engineering
- At least 2 peer-reviewed publications in related areas
- Prior knowledge and experience in areas such as HPC, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Signal Processing, or Statistical Learning
- Knowledge of parallel computing and/or Data Science/Artificial Intelligence methodologies (machine and deep learning algorithms, statistical analysis, management of big data, data analysis techniques)
- Strong programming and mathematical skills e.g. working knowledge of OpenMP or MPI or CUDA
- Presentations at international meetings
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and verbal)
- Strong scientific and technical writing skills
- High level of organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience in modern Python frameworks for GPU-accelerated machine learning and HPC (e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow, MXNet)
- Experience in developing and deploying large-scale AI solutions on HPC infrastructures in academia or industry
- Applications from candidates with experience in use-cases that combine HPC and machine learning/AI methods are encouraged and should highlight such use-cases in their applications
EURAXESS offer ID: 558108
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.