ORGANISATION/COMPANYCENTITVC - Centro de Nanotecnologia e Materiais Técnicos, Funcionais e Inteligentes
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Chemical engineeringTechnology › Materials technologyTechnology › Nanotechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/09/2020 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Vila Nova de Famalicão
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40h
REFERENCE NUMBERCeNTI FF08/2020
CeNTI - Centro de Nanotecnologia e Materiais Técnicos, Funcionais e Inteligentes, opens a call, with the internal reference “CeNTI FF08_2020”, to hire 1 Msc Researcher, to conduct research activities in the field of Polymers or Materials Engineering area, namely to perform work related to the polymeric processes. The Researcher shall participate in R&D technical activities to develop, at lab and pilot scale, thermoplastic-based processes and will take part in different development stages. Should have the ability to operate and maintain all of the equipment resources in the laboratory of polymer processing. Strong skills and working knowledge on polymer processes including compounding with twin screw extruders and extrusion processes are desirable. Responsibilities also include performing rheological experiments to have the necessary physical parameters to develop and improve extrusion processes. Experience in design of experiments and software such as Solid Works or AutoCAD is a plus.
The right candidate will be able to work both independently and as part of a team, be hands-on and must have a strong technical base in thermoplastic compounding extrusion processes as well as a good understanding of process controls and technical tools used to troubleshoot and solve problems independently. The candidate will work with a group of researchers in a team-orientated, interdisciplinary environment, must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
The Msc Researcher will develop his/her activity in the framework of funded projects co-financed by Portugal 2020, under the Operational Program for Competitiveness and Internationalization (COMPETE 2020) through the European Regional Development Fund.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELTechnology: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPORTUGUESE: ExcellentOTHER: Excellent
• M.Sc. in Polymers, materials or Chemical engineering,
• Ability and motivation to work independently as well as collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
• Exceptional communicative and intercultural skills
• Willingness for significant mobility throughout Europe and stakeholder interactions
• Excellent working knowledge (reading, writing) in English
Applicants to this call may be national, foreign or stateless candidates holding a Msc degree in the field of polymers or materials engineering and complying with the following specific requirements:
- Solid Experience in the mentioned areas, with focus on applicants with previous experience in thermoplastic processes, including compounding with twin screw extruders and filament extrusion;
- Working knowledge of analytical characterization techniques for rheological, mechanical and, thermal properties of polymers;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, project management and organizational skills required to develop detailed project timelines with key milestones and deliverables;
- Works well in team environment and possess the interpersonal and communication skills needed to work effectively in cross-functional teams;
- Works safely in the laboratory;
- Demonstrated use of design of experiments will be valorised;
- Previous experience such as Solid Works or AutoCAD will be valorised;
- Experience related to R&D national and international projects will be valorised;
- Adequate Profile for carrying out research and development activities;
Required Researcher Experience
Polymers characterization and processing
Research and Development expertise
EURAXESS offer ID: 557589
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.