RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › OtherChemistry › Biochemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/10/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Cracow
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE19/10/2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The successful candidate will join a project that aims to design and build novel DNA-based nanomachines able to interact with specific proteins and help construct artificial cells and cell like structures, particularly they will be involved in applying this technology to construct novel structures that will be able to act as a new class of vaccine, e.g. against SARS-CoV-2.
In the Heddle Lab we offer a dynamic and growing lab that is breaking new ground in bionanoscience and is extremely well-funded. We are housed in a new state-of the-art research centre with access to the full suite of equipment necessary for bionanoscience, biochemistry and structural biology research and work with a network of international collaborators in Europe.
In addition, we offer:
i) Postdoctoral research position with generous, internationally competitive remuneration;
ii) Discounted membership of sports facilities (“Multisport”, https://www.benefitsystems.pl/en/for-you/multisport/)
iii) Subsidised social events (theatre tickets, hotels etc);
iv) Excellent training: In our diverse group you will be able to network with international researchers, experience and learn new skills including in DNA origami design, enzyme biochemistry, structural biology, protein design etc.
The competitive selection process is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.3) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 165 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
1) Holding at least a doctoral degree;
2) Having relevant scientific achievements;
3) Taking active part in scientific life;
Please submit the following documents to: Jonathan Heddle, email: firstname.lastname@example.org applications should be marked “FNPostdoc4”
- Copy of PhD certificate.
- Doctoral dissertation review.
- Contact details of a minimum of two referees including a former academic supervisor.
- Motivation Letter.
- Information on the candidate’s scientific and organisational achievements.
- List of publications (along with the respective publishing houses and the number of pages).
- Personal questionnaire.
- Statement declaring that Jagiellonian University will be the basic place of employment in the case of being employed in the competition procedure.
- Statement – in accordance with Article 113 of the Act Law on higher education and science.
- Declaration on acknowledging and accepting the rules and regulations concerning intellectual property management and commercialisation in force at the Jagiellonian University.
- Information regarding personal data processing.
Statement forms can be downloaded from here: http://www.heddlelab.org/images/Team%20post-doc_attachments.zip
Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Biochemistry
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalentChemistry: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Possess a PhD in chemical engineering, structural biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics or related discipline.
- Must be less than 5 years since awarding of PhD (not including allowed career breaks).
- Should have general molecular biology skills such as cloning and protein production/purification
- Have good skills of work management and experimental record keeping
- Should be able to work well in a multidisciplinary team
- Have good written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience working with proteins/DNA nanostructures and/or lipid nanostructures would be advantageous but not obligatory as these skills can be learned in-house
- Experience in structural biology, particularly cryo EM will be advantageous but not obligatory
EURAXESS offer ID: 556738
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.