ORGANISATION/COMPANYFyzikální ústav AV ČR
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › OpticsPhysics › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2022 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Dolní Břežany
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) Project is an integral part of the European Union plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines was opened in 2015 as a cutting edge laser facility and currently is starting to offer open access beamtime to users. ELI-Beamlines is delivering ultrashort, ultra-intense laser pulses lasting typically a few femtoseconds (12-150 fs) with peak powers ranging from 5 TW up to 10 PW. It will make available time synchronized laser beams over wide range intensities for wide range of interdisciplinary applications in physics, medicine, biology, material science etc. The high laser electric field intensities of the laser pulse is also used for generating secondary sources of e- and p+. ELI Beamlines is a part of the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, and it was open in 2015.
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award. It is awarded by the European Commission to institutions which put significant effort into improving their human resources strategy and ensuring professional and ethical working conditions.
The theory/simulation group RP6 is expanding and recruiting a theoretician in the field of ultra-high intensity laser-plasma interaction. In our team we therefore have the following positions available:
Scientist - High-energy density physics (IV-13)
The positions could also be on the junior level depending on the qualification and past experience of the candidates.
The candidate is supposed to work predominantly on the following topics:
- develop research activities in high-intensity laser-matter interaction
- prepare 10 PW flagship experiments from the theory/simulation side
- willingness to guide young postdocs
- ability to also engage in code development work
- participate in outreach activities such as ELI summer schools
- the candidate has sufficient flexibility to work on other urgent tasks coming up
- PhD in theoretical physics or related field
- past experience in laser-plasma interaction would be appreciated
- good track record in publications
- good knowledge of spoken and written English is necessary
- experience in analytical work as well as simulation activities
- ability to take initiative and perform tasks independently
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- competitive and motivating salary
- flexible working hours
- nice working environment
- career growth
- lunch vouchers, pension contribution and 5 unjustified sick days
- support of leisure time activities
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 - 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data
EURAXESS offer ID: 555084
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.