ORGANISATION/COMPANYCentre de Recerca en Agrigenòmica
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciencesBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/09/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Cerdanyola del Valles
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2021
The Doctoral programme of the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) hosts students interested in the areas of plant biology and biotechnology, and plant and farm animal genomics and genetics. The programme welcomes applications from motivated national and international students (https://www.cragenomica.es/training/phd-programme)
Currently, we are inviting applications for 10 PhD positions to start between June-September 2021.
We are looking for enthusiastic students interested in modern, multidisciplinary biological sciences, encompassing experimental, bioinformatic and theoretical approaches.
Highly qualified candidates holding or about to obtain an MSc or equivalent degree in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, bioinformatics, or related fields are encouraged to apply. We offer excellent facilities to perform cutting-edge research, and an enhanced doctoral training and support program. At present, over 60 doctoral students from 20 different countries are working on a full doctoral research project at CRAG.
5 PhD Positions – CRAG “Severo Ochoa” PhD Programme
- Circadian timing for improved productivity and nutritional value of tomato plants – Paloma Mas
- REC-RIF Signaling for Photoprotection – Elena Monte
- Computational analysis of ancient dog genomes to unravel archaic population structure – Laura Botigué
- Reverse and Forward engineering the Promoters of Microalgae – Jae-Seong Yang
- ELF3 regulation of temperature and salt stress responses – Salomé Prat
Please note, that the CRAG “Severo Ochoa” PhD Programme has specific requirements. For further information about this call and the online application procedure, please visit:
5 PhD Positions – National Research Projects
- Circadian clock control of mitochondrial activity and energy homeostasis in Arabidopsis thaliana – Paloma Mas(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Analysis of multiple viral infections in sweet potato and other plants: interpretation and potential uses – Juan José López-Moya (email@example.com)
- New mechanism-based strategies to control bacterial diseases in the field – Marc Valls, Núria Sánchez-Coll (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com)
- Transposons, a rich source of genetic variability in crops – Josep Mª Casacuberta, Carlos Vicient (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com)
- Deep is beautiful: Deep learning applications to genomic prediction – Miguel Pérez Enciso (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For further information about these open positions, please contact directly the Principal Investigators.
Applications will be accepted until September 30, 2020
About CRAG Research at CRAG encompasses basic science in plant development, physiology, metabolism and genetics; bioinformatics and genomics of plants and farm animals; and applied projects developed together with Agbio, Biotech, and Breeding companies. CRAG is located at the campus of the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB), and hosts over 200 members from across the world in its facilities inaugurated in 2011: an ample and well-equipped building designed for modern plant biology and genomics research. CRAG has been recognized since 2016 as a “Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence” by the Spanish Government, and in 2015 it received the “Human Resources Excellence in Research” accreditation from the European Commission. This accreditation reflects CRAG's commitment to conduct transparent and merit-based recruitment and appraisal procedures and to provide attractive working conditions. CRAG is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.
For more information about CRAG, visit: http://www.cragenomica.es; https://biennialreport2018-2019.cragenomica.es
EURAXESS offer ID: 555032
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.