ORGANISATION/COMPANYFood Sourcing Specialists, S.L.
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2021
Food Sourcing Specialists, S.L. (FSS) is a Barcelona-based company (Spain) founded in 2014 that produces, distributes and markets healthy and sports food products, including the 50 best brands in the European Union. Through its R&D program in sports nutrition and compostable packaging, the company is committed to innovations that improve people's health and preserve the environment.
In 2017 FSS designed a project to develop an own brand of healthy sports nutrition products and a new compostable material to package them. Thanks to a substantial EU Horizon 2020 Phase 2 grant awarded in 2019, FSS is currently refining the prototypes into IPR-protected finished packaging solutions that will launch into the marketplace in the coming months.
Research on a new home compostable food-grade packaging material to replace single use plastic
Building on the success of the current packaging material development, Food Sourcing Specialists is looking to expand its offering in home compostable packaging to respond to market and societal needs for sustainable solutions that replace the use of plastics, particularly single-use plastics, in the food industry and other industries.
We are aiming at developing two new food-grade home compostable materials with specific features and functionalities.
The project will include a 3-month secondment period at a highly qualified technology or university centre specialised in new materials development where researchers will work closely with world-class researchers and professionals.
The research will be funded by the Tecniospring Industry innovation programme of the Government of Catalonia.
The researchers will be responsible for:
- Leading the project research, proposing research lines and executing on them
- Developing a home compostable material according to the project requirements
- Documenting the research progress and results
- Contributing to dissemination of the research results and conclusions.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Good
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in new materials research, with a doctorate or pre-doctorate education.
- Strong background in researching biodegradable and/or compostable materials/compounds, including materials from compostable and renewable sources, biopolymers and celluloses.
- Strong background in packaging development/research.
- Experience with food-grade packaging would be an advantage.
- Experience in research for industrial developments is desirable.
- Excellent written skills in order to effectively document progress and findings.
- Excellent English language skills (both written and spoken).
- Spanish language skills would be a bonus.
- Experience in dissemination of scientific projects will be a bonus.
- Experience as lecturer will be a bonus.
- Excellent self-motivation skills.
EURAXESS offer ID: 551373
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.