RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringChemistry › Biochemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/09/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Cracow
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The bionanoscience and biochemistry laboratory is recruiting for a fully-funded position with a duration of up to four years For the post of technical scientist. The successful candidate will work with a dedicated and motivated team working at the frontiers of protein nanoscience developing new protein structures based on our recent discoveries published in Nature (https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-019-1185-4).
Details of the project:
You will be responsible for establishing and optimising the conditions for production and purification of novel protein cages for the whole team. For Cryo-EM analysis you will be involved in sample preparation, particularly establishing correct conditions for vitreous freezing of samples. You will also have the option to learn analysis techniques.
- Employment with a competitive salary for up to 48 months
- Dedicated laboratory space, office space and cutting edge experimental equipment necessary to carry out the project at the highest level
- Opportunity to become a valued member of an ambitious international team working at the forefront of synthetic structural biology
- Prospect of collaboration with a promising start-up company in a closely related area of bionanoscience
Candidates who apply for the post are required to file in the Director’s Office of Małopolska Centre of Biotechnology of the Jagiellonian University; Kraków, ul. Gronostajowa 7A, room 3/12 or electronically via email: email@example.com, applications should be marked “MAESTRO-Technician” the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter stating why you are interested in the position
- Personal questionnaire,
- Copy of degree certificates
- List of publications (including journal name and page numbers),
- Information regarding classes taught by a candidate, if applicable,
- Two references from previous employers or mentors.
- Statement declaring that Jagiellonian University will be the basic place of employment in the case of being employed in the competition procedure.
- Statement regarding acquaintance and acceptance of intellectual property rules as well as legal protection of intellectual property.
- Information regarding personal data processing.
Competition commencement date: 10th of August 2020
Applications deadline: Noon (CEST) on 10th of September 2020
Decision date: On or before 18.09.2020
Start date: On or after 01.10.2020
Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.
Statement forms can be downloaded from here:
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Biochemistry
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
The ideal candidate should fulfil the following criteria:
- Possess at least undergraduate degree in a scientific discipline, such as molecular biology, structural biology, biochemistry or related areas.
- Has experience in working in a research laboratory in molecular biology, biochemistry or related areas
- Has knowledge of techniques of recombinant protein production and purification
- Has an interest in synthetic structural biology
- Has an interest in and where possible some experience in cryo-EM for biological macromolecule structure determination.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Have good skills of work management and experimental record keeping.
- Able to work across disciplines and be willing to gain expertise in new areas.
- Able to work collaboratively
EURAXESS offer ID: 549867
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.