ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Wroclaw, Faculty of Biological Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/09/2020 14:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Post-doc position under the National Science Centre grant "Spatial diversity of vascular plant species richness in Poland – patterns, drivers, and expected changes"
In: Department of Ecology, Biogeochemistry and Nature Protection, University of Wrocław
Requirements: a person employed in this position should:
- have a Ph.D. in biology or ecology for no more than 7 years. It is allowed to present a candidate's declaration of obtaining this degree after the deadline for submitting applications, but before starting work.
The formal criteria: (https://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/2019_09_16_koszty_w_projekt...)
- have experience, documented in the form of peer-reviewed scientific articles, in fields of mathematical modeling in the R environment and analysis with GIS applications (e.g. QGis) using raster and vector maps.
- publications in peer-reviewed academic journals,
- the ability to communicate freely in spoken and written English
- presentations at scientific conferences
- knowledge of the Polish language is considered an asset, but it is not necessary
Job description: an investigator in a project focusing on the development of mathematical models using machine learning, which will explain based on climate, soil data, topography, and socio-economical data the spatial pattern of vascular plant richness in Poland. The candidate is expected to prepare input data for the modeling using GIS applications, to performing the modeling in R environment and writing scientific publications as well as reports.
Deadline for the submission of offers: 03.09.2020
Offer submission form: e-mail to email@example.com, in the subject please write ‘post-doc Opus’
The conditions of employment:
- employment in the project implementation
- full-time employment contract for 12 months with the possibility of extension for a further 24 months. After the first 12 months, an evaluation of the performance of the tasks will take place, which will decide on the extension of the contract.
- expected start of employment: October 2020
- salary: 10,000 PLN gross / gross per month. The net salary depends on the tax burden and social security contributions in Poland (i.e. depends, among others, on the candidate's country of origin)
the application should contain the following documents:
1. a cover letter;
2. professional CV;
3. description of scientific experience;
4. list of publications with a description of the candidate's contribution;
5. a copy of the diploma confirming obtaining a doctoral degree or a statement on obtaining it before the date of employment;
6. reference contacts;
For any further information contact directly with Tomasz Szymura (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Controller of Personal Data processed within the recruitment process is the University of Wrocław. The Controller of Personal Data may be contacted by e-mail: IOD@uwr.edu.pl. Personal data will be processed exclusively for the current recruitment procedure by the University of Wrocław.
EURAXESS offer ID: 548494
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.