ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Institute for Medieval Research (IMAFO)
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer systemsComputer science › ProgrammingHistory › Medieval history
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/08/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Job ID: IMAFO073PD220
The Institute for Medieval Research (IMAFO) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non non-university research and science institution, is offering a position in the Department of Historical Identity Research as
(full-time/40 hours per week)
starting at October 1, 2020.
- Work in the FWF project ‚Carolingian Culture in Septimania and Catalonia (CCSC)’ for the collection and description of the manuscript transmitted in the 9th to 11th centuries in this region
- Implementation of a database for the digital collection of the manuscripts, in collaboration with the project network ‚Histories in Transition‘ (IMAFO, UAB Barcelona, University of Tübingen, Princeton University), and of further Digital Humanities components relevant for the project
- Cooperation with ACDH-DH in this field
- Assessment of the Transkribus text recognition software in its relevance for the project aims
- Independent research activities within the range of the project goals.
- Completed doctoral degree in an area of Medieval Studies, particularly desirable in Latin Philology
- Experience in research on medieval manuscripts
- International publications and presentations
- Academic experience abroad and an international network
- Flexibility, strong communication skills, creativity, able to work well in a team
- Excellent English and German is essential.
We offer an annual gross salary of € 46.285,12 (full time based, before taxes), according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences . The salary is dependent on qualifications and previous employment experience. The position is available for one year.
To apply for the position, please send a written letter of intent including academic CV, copies of certificates, a list of publications and a two-sided outline of your proposed research and projects via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (mentioning Job ID: IMAFO073PD220) no later than August 18, 2020.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The OeAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
EURAXESS offer ID: 548017
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.