ORGANISATION/COMPANYSilesian University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Computational chemistryChemistry › Physical chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/07/2021 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Gliwice
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
The investigator will be responsible for performing research objectives in the project entitled "„Novel, highly efficient TADF, RTP emitters for organic light emitting diodes”. The project is carried out within the First TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
The goal of First TEAM project is to synthesize and analyse novel compounds possessing Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence and Room Temperature Phosphorescence properties and use as Organic Light Emitting Diode efficient emitters. The proposed project deals with the comprehensive task of synthesis and analysis of novel ambipolar compounds and the construction and testing of warm white OLED devices.
Participation in competitive and advanced research
Work in a young and active research group
Collaboration with leading scientists with a possibility of short-term training visits
Possibility to attend international scientific conferences
The candidate must hold a Master's degree in chemistry or similar science areas.
Team member will start PhD study in chemistry at Faculty of Chemistry Silesian University of Technology
Selection is based on the (personal or remote) interview with the best candidates selected based on the sent documents in English or Polish language:
1. CV with the list of publications and awards
2. Contact details of 2 referees
3. Motivation letter
4. A copy of MSc diploma or official confirmation of the obtained degree
5. Transcript of all grades from the last 2 years of MSc studies
6. A copy of the MSc thesis
7. Copies of 3 the most important publication (if any)
8. The application form also must include: "I hereby authorize you to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 and Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data, Dz. U. of 24 May 2018, item. 1000 and in accordance with the information clause attached to my consent”.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- MSc degree in chemistry, physics, material science or similar.
- Knowledge of theoretical/computational chemistry
- Having good written and oral communication skills in English
- Showing a good level of independence, self-motivation, reliability and problem solving skills
- Good group/collaborative work skills
- Theoretical calculations of organic compounds
- Spectroscopic analysis
- Dissemination of Project results
- Planning and implementation of research in the designated part of the project
- Data analysis and reporting
- Presenting results at seminars and conferences
- Writing scientific papers
- Participation in laboratory everyday duties
EURAXESS offer ID: 545474
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.