RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Chemical engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/09/2020 08:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONFrance › Orléans
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37h30
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2020
LPC2E is a joint research unit of CNRS, the University of Orléans and CNES. The laboratory has around 80 people including 29 researchers and teacher-researchers, 36 permanent and non-permanent IT and 15 doctoral and post-doctoral students.
Within the Ground / Airplane / Balloon instrumental pole, the instrument development expert will participate in the study, production and implementation of gas measurement and aerosol analysis instruments in atmosphere, used in the laboratory or on experimental platforms at ground level, or on board airborne platforms (balloon, drone, plane, etc.). These sensors implement different physical principles (electrochemistry, light diffusion, absorption spectroscopy).
Opportunities to benefit from training through the University.
The main mission of the engineer will be to study and adapt the instrumentation to the measurement conditions encountered on board the various airborne vectors, or on the ground under potentially severe conditions (extreme temperatures, sandy, volcanic environments, etc.)
- Design all or part of a scientific measuring instrument to meet the needs of a scientific project.
- Perform sizing and performance calculations.
- Write specifications and definitions.
- Ensure the realization and guarantee the operational safety
- Consult with suppliers to guide the choice of materials and processes.
- Develop procedures for qualifying the instrument, perform tests and calibrations, produce user manuals.
Remuneration depending on qualifications and experience from € 25,000 to € 30,000 gross per year.
Contract length : 1 year renewable
- Master or Magistère in Physics or Measurement Sciences.
- Engineer in physics or instrumentation.
- Doctorate in experimental physics.
Particular constraints : Missions in France and possibly abroad as part of measurement campaigns
• Design methods: metrology, functional analysis, etc. (in-depth knowledge)
• Engineering techniques and sciences: mechanical, thermal, RDM, vacuum (general knowledge)
• Measurement sciences (general knowledge)
• Related techniques: measurement techniques, control techniques… (general knowledge)
• Processing and use of operating data
• Computer and algorithmic programming
• Written and oral presentation techniques
• English language: B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
• Industrial IT: implementation of microcontrollers and coupling of sensors via different data buses (I²C, RS232, OneWire, SPI etc.)
• Mastery of one or more programming languages (C, python, ...)
• Proficiency in one or more data processing software (Origin, Igor, R)
• Knowing how to make a mechanical plan or master a CAD tool
• Know how to define a provisional budget
• Be proactive
• Have a certain interpersonal skills, enthusiasm
• Know how to organize yourself in order to respect the schedules
• Possess an open mind, team spirit
• Knowing how to motivate your instrument choices and possibly question them
• Be keen to expand one's culture and skills
• Knowing how to appropriate new technologies
EURAXESS offer ID: 545067
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.