ORGANISATION/COMPANYOkinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › BiologyBiological sciences › OtherTechnology › Biotechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/02/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Okinawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
The Research Support Division (RSD) contributes to research and education by providing excellent common research facilities and research support services for the researchers and students at OIST. Technical sections of RSD shall provide maintenance of common equipment/facilities, operation training, fair access, consultation on experimental design and choice of methods/instruments, and technical support on data acquisition and analysis. Administrative sections of RSD shall provide support on grant applications, collaborations, health and safety, and other support to research activities.
As one of the technical sections of RSD, DNA Sequencing Section provides support to researchers in promoting advances in biological science by providing genomic analysis services. Services offered include next-generation sequencing (NGS) support in a wide range of NGS applications, such as de novo genome sequencing, re-sequencing, RNA sequencing, and ChIP-sequencing, etc. Currently, the section has the following NGS sequencers: Illumina NovaSeq6000, Illumina MiSeq, Illumina iSeq, PacBio Sequel II, Oxford Nanopore MinION, and Oxford Nanopore PromethION. In addition, the section owns capillary sequencers, realtime PCR, microarray and etc. for common use.
The OIST DNA Sequencing Section seeks highly-motivated and team-oriented technical specialists to expand DNA sequencing capability within the university. The principle responsibility of the positions will be to support OIST researchers with sequencing needs by providing consultation on experimental protocols, accepting DNA, RNA, and various tissue samples, preparing libraries, operating the latest sequencers, and submitting collected data to requesters. Experienced Specialist will also be required to assist the management of the Section.
1. Support OIST researchers in their DNA sequencing to include:
- Provide consultation to researchers on experimental protocols and sequencing strategies based on their research purposes.
- Accept and prepare DNA, RNA and various tissue samples for sequencing library
- Operate the latest DNA sequencers and submit collected data to researchers
2. Collect and share the latest IT and biological trends to section members to improve the Section's service quality.
3. Carry out routine cleaning and maintenance of sequencers and tools within the sequencing facility.
4. Other duties as assigned by the DNA Sequencing Section Leader.
5. Standardization of the existing experimental protocols for the team.
6. Networking with external specialists for improvement and enhancement of the Section's operations.
7. Spearhead a selection of new equipment and reagents.
8. Improvement of existing work processes and proposals, development, and implementation of new operating workflows.
1919‐1 Tancha, Onna‐son, Okinawa, Japan 904-0495
DNA Sequencing Section Leader
As early as possible
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
･OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
･Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
･Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
･Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.
EURAXESS offer ID: 544589
Posting organisation offer ID: D120070843
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.