ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Rovira i Virgili
RESEARCH FIELDAnthropologyBiological sciencesChemistryComputer scienceEconomicsEngineeringEnvironmental scienceLanguage sciencesManagement sciencesMathematicsOtherPhysicsPsychological sciencesTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/11/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Tarragona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER945413
The Martí i Franquès COFUND Doctoral Fellowships Programme (MFP) is a redesign of the existing MF programme, offering 100 doctoral contracts (in four editions: 2017, 2018 and 2020, 2021) at the Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV). The programme is uniquely shaped to offer the best training stemming from the "triple i" principles of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions: international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral.
In order to achieve these goals, we combine leading research groups at URV with scientific partners from world-class institutions, such that the candidates are be exposed to interdisciplinary training as well as mentoring from the industrial sector.
The positions are based on individual projects encompassing all areas of research at URV: Sciences, Health Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Social and Legal Sciences. Prospective candidates can find the full list of projects.
Through MFP, URV is in a unique position to offer the best conditions for doctoral training, based on the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (guaranteed by the HR award that URV has received in 2014), as well as the EU Principles for Innovative Doctorate Training.
The successful candidates will be offered the following:
- medium term contract (up to 36 months, co-funded by MSCA COFUND grant), full time position
- a very attractive salary, on par with European offerings (see more details below)
- 3-6 months secondments to international (and in some cases intersectoral) partner organizations
- access to a comprehensive training package, with a strong interdisciplinary focus, together with an attractive transversal skills programme
- contribution to research and training activities: A yearly allowance (up to €7500) will be granted to the research group to carry out training or scientific activities of the fellow
Candidates will receive a gross monthly salary of approximately €2200.
Upon signing the contract, the fellows will automatically be registered under the general regime of the Spanish Social Security System, which stipulates the following benefits:
- Healthcare: covers hospitalization at home, in a health centre or a hospital, for both the fellow and his family (if applies)
- Sickness cash benefits: starts from the 4th day (employer pays days 4-15 (60% of salary), social security system pays days 15-365 (75% of salary), which can be extended up to 180 days)
- Maternity/paternity leave: 16 weeks (maternity) or 4 weeks (paternity). Possibility of reduction of working hours for 12 months, after the 16 weeks of maternity leave provided by social security. The reduction of working hours can also be compacted, translating into a 4 weeks break, that can be added to the 16 weeks of maternity leave
- Working Mothers: 1.200€ /year Personal Income Tax reduction if the mother is working and has a child under the age of 3 and an additional reduction of 1.000 €/year euros to cover expenses if the child goes to an authorised nursery or child education center.
- Unemployment benefits: for a 3 year contact, the fellow will have the right to 12 months of unemployment, and receive an average of 65% of its salary per month
The employment contract with URV also specifies a series of specific benefits that might differ from other public administration positions:
- Vacation: 22 working days per year, plus 3 days of personal days off
- Health Checks: all URV employees have the option of a medical check every year, paid by URV
In order to be eligible for any of the MFP fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Comply with the MSCA mobility rule:
- The candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before call deadline (15/11/2020).
- ESR eligibility criteria: Early-stage researchers (ESR) shall at call deadline (15/11/2020) be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged.
- Comply with the conditions for PhD enrollment at URV
- Hold a Spanish Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, and a Master's degree, or equivalent, and have achieved a minimum of 300 ECTS summing up both degrees
- OR Hold a degree from another country in the EEES which grants access to a Master's degree and have achieved a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in university studies of which at least 60 must be at Master's level
- OR Hold of a qualification obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems without the need for official recognition, having previously confirmed with the university that this qualification accredits a level of training equivalent to the official Spanish university Master's degree and that it would serve as a means of access to a PhD in the country in which it was awarded.
The evaluation of the candidates will be done by independent Evaluation Committees, formed by experts external to the URV, in order to avoid any conflict of interests and ensure a fair and equitable evaluation process.
The experts will evaluate the applications according to the following criteria:
- Academic profile: Weight - 40%
- Other merits (including research and previous professional experience): Weight - 30 %
- Reference letters: Weight - 10%
- Motivation letter, detailing the reasons why the candidate believes s/he is a good fit for the position: Weight - 20 %
The scoring will be given on a scale from 1 to 5, with 0.1 increments, and the minimum threshold is 3 in both criteria.
The final selection will be done by internal Selection Committees, through interviews of the (at least) best 3 candidates for each position. The interviews will be performed either online (via Skype) or in person. At the interviews, the Commission will evaluate the candidates based on the following criteria:
- Academic profile: Weight - 30%
- Professional profile: Weight - 30%
- Personal profile: Weight - 30%
- Knowledge about the PhD position and the university environment: Weight - 10%
The scoring in the interview will be given on a scale from 1 to 5, with 0.1 increments.
The final scoring for each candidate will be given by:
- The evaluation report from the Evaluation Committees: Weight - 50%
- The individual scoring of the interviews: Weight - 50%
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 542901
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.