RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesComputer scienceNeurosciencesPharmacological sciencesTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/09/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Hamburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
Evotec is a global, publicly listed biotechnology company with more than 3,000 employees at 13 sites, our headquarters are located in Hamburg. We do research on innovative approaches to drug discovery and development for and with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and academic institutions. By assembling top-class scientists, state-of-the-art technologies as well as substantial experience and expertise in key therapeutic areas including neuroscience, diabetes and complications of diabetes, pain and inflammation, oncology and infectious diseases, Evotec has established a unique leading position.
At Evotec’s headquarters in Hamburg, Germany, the Scientific Data Management team is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and skilled
*Informatics Scientist (f/m/d) - Data Management*
*Full-time and permanent*
As part of the Research Informatics, Scientific Data Management Group, you will provide support to Drug Discovery applications and Informatics projects and contribute to scientific projects data management. You are supporting Evotec’s Drug Discovery Operations and Scientific Data Management by managing projects and handling of data in the drug discovery process. With a keen interest for Scientific Data Management, you are a hands-on individual with a combination of technical and leadership skills.
*Your key responsibilities:*
* Provide support to Drug Discovery applications to ensure business continuity (incident and operational issues solving, definition and implementation of change control)
* Implement and support custom Drug Discovery workflows for lab data processing, data analysis, data reporting, visualization and automation
* Lead global Informatics and Data Management projects in the group, such as software implementation and integration
* Identify, utilize and manage key resources required to meet project objectives; Provide guidance and/or supervision to project team members
* Present the project status to the management and to our customers
* Contribute to the consistency of the solution implemented with existing and future systems and its evolution over time
* Establish data standards, support data sharing across sites and with Evotec partners
* Ensure data security, confidentiality and quality control
* Interact closely with researchers from various teams and sites and develop and implement ideas to improve the processes with our internal and external customers
*Your ideal qualifications:*
* Master degree or PhD in computer sciences or natural sciences
* Knowledge in scientific data management in a drug discovery and development context
* Experience within Life Sciences and in different Data Management fields, e.g., ELN, databases, data workflows
* Demonstrated programming skills (e.g., Python) and knowledge about relational databases (e.g., Oracle)
* Knowledge of Linux distributions (e.g., CentOS) is a plus
* Demonstrated ability to manage relationships and people and
* Team management experience is a plus
* Excellent team spirit, communicational and organizational skills
* A Lean/Six-Sigma Qualification (e.g., Green Belt) is a plus
* The position requires fluent command of the English language, proficiency in the German language is a plus
* A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
* A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
* Capital forming benefits, flexible working hours, holiday pay, and annual bonus depending on performance
To apply, please click on the *“Apply”* button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter, including earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are looking forward to get to know you and to your application.
EURAXESS offer ID: 540969
Posting organisation offer ID: 727817
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.