ORGANISATION/COMPANYConseil Régional Ile-de-France
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciencesAnthropologyArchitectureArtsAstronomyBiological sciencesChemistryCommunication sciencesComputer scienceCultural studiesDemographyEconomicsEducational sciencesEnvironmental scienceGeographyGeosciencesHistoryInformation scienceJuridical sciencesLanguage sciencesLiteratureManagement sciencesMathematicsMedical sciencesNeurosciencesPharmacological sciencesPhysicsPolitical sciencesPsychological sciencesSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/10/2021 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Paris
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER945298
The Paris Region Fellowship Programme (ParisRegionFP) is an EU co-funded Marie Sklodowska Curie Action (MSCA) in the frame of European Commissions H2020 programme that will strengthen the research capacity and international influence of the Paris Region, in France. The two main challenges of the 5-year programme which started in January 2021 are to :
- Recruit a total of 52 international leaders of all nationalities at post-doctoral positions in research and innovation, covering a large panel of disciplines
- Provide intersectoral mobility, specifically created professional training and career development measures for these experienced researchers
The second call with a deadline in October, 21st, 2021 will recruit 26 researchers for 2-year post-doctoral fellowships.
The researchers will design and implement their original research project in a first-class research group of their choice belonging preferably to one of the 13 “Domain of Major Interest” (DMI) labels endorsed by the Paris Region. The DMIs are key research sectors on which the Paris Region focuses policy support and investments to strengthen its international attractiveness and intersectoral mobility:
- Mathematical science incl. interactions, data science
- Computer science incl. security, communication, artificial intelligence
- Astrophysics and conditions for the appearance of life incl. space observations, planets, exobiology
- Porous solids science applied in renewable energy, environment, health
- Air quality incl. environment, health, public policy
- One Health incl. infectiology, vaccines,..
- Life sciences incl. microfluidics, imaging, Big Data
- Longevity and aging incl. geriatrics, gerontechnologies, social aspects
- Gene therapy and genetics
- Quantum technologies
- Heritage and ancient materials
- Digital humanities
- Arabic and Islamic history, society, culture
ParisRegionFP will offer a novel international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral training programme for recruited researchers, covering scientific, academic and industrial topics in these identified key sectors (or DMI scientific themes) as well as hands-on knowledge in non-research oriented transferable skills.
The educational and research programme will be implemented by leading universities and 20 extra-academic partner organisations, covering actors from prestigious culture-related organisations and human resource actors to large industries and SMEs in various economic sectors. The scientific actors will ensure infrastructure capacity and high-level environment to conduct excellent research. Extra-academic partners will contribute to the implementation of ParisRegionFP by hosting experienced researchers during secondments or visits and/or by providing training, mentoring or career development opportunities.
Further information : https://parisregion.eu/parisregionfp.html
Application Website : https://parisregionfp.sciencescall.org/
RECRUITMENT CONDITIONS : Benefit from a 2-year post-doctoral research fellowship with a minimum gross salary of 4740€/ month, and supplementary budget for research and travel expenses.
INDIVIDUAL-DRIVEN MOBILITY: Develop your research topic and choose your host group among the renowned Paris area research organisations
PRESTIGIOUS ENVIRONMENT: Be part of world-class research environment, with exceptional infrastructure capacities. Increase networking possibilities.
TRAINING PROGRAMME: Develop transferable skills (non-research related) and technical training carried out by professional partners – 9-day mandatory training per fellowship
CAREER DEVELOPMENT : Get mentoring & career development support. Benefit from secondment opportunities both in academic and non-academic sectors.
QUALITY OF LIFE: Live in Paris region thanks to facilitated logistic and welcoming services. Get support provided for accompanying family members
- Compliance with the Marie Sklodowska-Curie mobility rule: applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the last three years before the call deadline (October, 21st, 2021).
- At the time of recruitment, applicants must be in possession of a doctoral degree (or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience).
- Applicants can choose a host research group belonging to one of the “Domains of Major Interest” (around 450 laboratories) to develop the research project of their choice. The programme accepts also host laboratories in the Paris Region not part of the DIMs.
- No other restrictions are implemented, the Paris Region applies strict equal opportunity principles for candidates’ selection and recruitment.
- Any ethical issues linked to the research project must be clarified by the Ethics self-assessment.
Eligibility and ethical issues check: The applicants will be informed of their eligibility (completeness, compliance, ethical issues) by e-mail after the call closure. Only eligible applicants will be evaluated at the 1st selection round.
Evaluation by international / independent experts: Each application will be evaluated by 2 international / independent experts. They will evaluate both the profile of the candidate and the research project. An independent Selection Committee will rank the applications. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for the 2nd selection round.
Interview of shortlisted candidates: The online interview will consist of a 10-minute presentation followed by a 10-minute discussion between the candidate and the Interview Evaluation Panel members composed by the Selection Committee.
Funding decision: The Regional Scientific Council will formally approve the final list of selected candidates.
Feedback & redress procedure: All candidates will be informed of the results and next steps by e-mail. Redress/appeal possibility is available at all stages of the procedure by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timing for the 2021 call
- Launching of the call: July, 2021
- Closing of the call: October, 21, 2021
- Eligibility and ethics check: October - November, 2021
- Evaluation by international/ independent experts: November - February, 2022
- Applications ranked and shortlisted: February, 2022
- Interview of shortlisted candidates: Provisionally scheduled in March 2022 (can be subject to changes, please check the call platform for updates)
- Funding decision and feedback to candidates: May, 2022
- Possible start of the fellowship: Planned between June, 1st, 2022 to October, 1st, 2022
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE (30%)
- Work experience both in the academic and private sectors
- International experience
- Cross-domain experience
RESEARCH PROJECT (IMPACT & IMPLEMENTATION) (40%)
- Quality and novelty of the research project
- Alignment with the laboratory's thematic perimeter in Paris Region
- Coherence and effectiveness of the work plan
POTENTIAL OF THE CANDIDATE (30%)
- Openness and creativity
- Career path vision
TRESHOLD and SCORING: First round of evaluation based on written application; Each criteria is scored from 1 to 5, from poor to excellent. The applicants should reach a threshold score of 7/10 to be interviewed.
Applicants need to apply to the fellowship through the call platform before October 21st, 2021 at 5:00pm Paris local time (GMT+1). Incomplete applications will not be eligible, and no applications will be accepted after the call closure. The application shall contain the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae and track record.
- Research project description. Based on individual-driven mobility principle, fellows will freely choose a research topic and the appropriate host (and secondment) organisation(s) and supervisor(s) fitting their individual needs.
- PhD degree transcript and/or appropriate work certificate(s).
- Proof of identity.
- Declaration of honour on the mobility rule.
- 2 recommendation letters.
- Ethics self-assessment form.
EURAXESS offer ID: 539742
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.