ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat de Vic (UVIC - UCC)
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciencesEnvironmental science
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Vic
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
OFFER STARTING DATE08/07/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERH2020 FERTIMANURE. Grant agreement ID: 862849
BETA Technological Center is a rapidly-growing applied and basic R+D center hosting a young multidisciplinary team of more than 40 researchers. We are currently searching for a dynamic person to join us as a senior researcher specialised in agronomy. Specifically, we are looking for someone with experience in the areas of plant productivity, new cropping systems and fertilization (nutrient management). Of particular interest is knowledge and experience in digital agriculture and / or precision agriculture.
The selected candidate will participate in several European and national projects related to the production and use of bio-based fertilizers where they will work together with farmers, public administration and research entities at the national and European levels. The selected person will also be actively involved in the preparation of new proposals in the fields of fertilization, digital agriculture and precision agriculture in order to find new opportunities and promote this line, which is highly strategic and complementary to the other activities carried out in the center. Therefore, the person should have previous experience in project management.
As part of the H2020 FERTIMANURE project, the candidate will plan and supervise field experiments using innovative fertilizer products obtained from livestock manure. The main objectives are to evaluate the agronomic performance, nutrient use efficiency and the environmental impact of fertilizer products.
The BETA Technological Centre looks to incorporate a motivated person who wants to develop his or her career in a dynamic centre with many national and international collaborations and with significant regional impact. The selected person will play an important role in the research area of soil and nutrient management, which is currently a highly strategic line with great potential for growth. For this reason, although the present position consists of a contract of 3 years, it is expected that if the candidate fits with the philosophy of the centre, there will be the opportunity for a permanent position within the BETA team.
WHAT IS OFFERED:
A 3 year contract is offered with the possibility of extension to a permanent contract at the end of this term.
This position is partially funded by the H2020 project FERTIMANURE (Grant agreement ID: 862849)
- Doctoral degree in: Agronomy, Biotechnology, Plant Production, Environmental Sciences or similar.
- University Degree in: Agronomy Engineering or similar
- Knowledge of digital agriculture and / or precision agriculture.
- Experience in field trials.
- Experience in working directly with farmers.
- Experimental design and treatment of results.
- Writing of technical reports and scientific papers.
- Experience in the agricultural sector, having worked in the fields of soil science, fertilization, nutrient dynamics or similar.
- Use and application of fertilizers: agronomic performance, nutrient balance, development of fertilization strategies, etc.
- GIS knowledge (eg ArcGis, QGis)
- Formulation of tailor-made fertilizers according to crop needs.
- Experience in the private sector: fertilizers producers, cooperatives, feed production, etc.
- Prior experience in R&D project management at national and international levels.
- Preparation of proposals for competitive European projects (H2020, LIFE, Interreg, etc).
- Previous international research stays.
- Experience as Principal Investigator of a national or international research project.
- Ease of communication in Catalan, Spanish and English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 538942
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.