ORGANISATION/COMPANYCopenhagen Business School
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/10/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Copenhagen
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE01/12/2020
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Philosophy of Management Science at the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy.
Decisions in organizations, businesses and institutions are based on forms of knowledge that figure prominently in business school disciplines (e.g. economics, psychology, law, and statistics). Research into the foundations of these forms of knowledge, and evaluations as to how such knowledge ought to influence managerial decision-making has significant potential for practical impact. In announcing an associate professorship in philosophy of management science, MPP wishes to strengthen research into the theoretical assumptions of the scientific disciplines that shape central management theories and dominant management practices. This associate professorship is intended to further develop the existing environment in MPP Philosophy focusing on the foundations of managerial decision-making and the theoretical underpinnings of management science. The aim in opening this position is to attract candidates with relevant competences in philosophy of science, practical philosophy and/or epistemology who would pursue research agendas such as:
- What are the governing assumptions and the validity of theories and methods within the field of organization, economy and management?
- How do forms of knowledge cultivated by business school disciplines shape organizations and influence employee behavior?
- How can the capability to assess the validity and effects of such forms of knowledge improve decision-making processes within private and public organizations?
The successful candidate must be trained in philosophy or equivalent and be able to document ability to teach philosophy at undergraduate and master levels, and the capacity to supervise PhDs within philosophy.
Profile of MPP
MPP is a disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research department in the humanities and social sciences with a focus on law, management, and organization across private and public sectors and civil society. It aims to develop its reputation among students, companies, public institutions, and research colleagues as innovative, creative and critical/reflexive. The Department is committed to research-based education and to bring new knowledge into play in society in a constructive, engaged, and valuable manner. A key focus of MPP is to publish its research with highly ranked academic journals and publishers across a broad spectrum of areas, reflecting the Department’s multidisciplinary set-up.
MPP is organized into different research groups
- Philosophy Group (the position is located in the Philosophy Group)
- Politics Group
- Business History Group
- Management & Entrepreneurship Group
- Law Group
Faculty within these groups have research backgrounds in all areas of political science, sociology, philosophy, history, law, anthropology, literature, theology, aesthetics, design and innovation, tourism and leisure management, cultural economics, leadership and strategy, pedagogic study, and other areas. What unites faculty is an overriding concern for the organization of the human within its multiple environments: work, nature, economy, civil association, the state, and corporation. MPP also participates in numerous interdisciplinary cross-CBS activities.
The Associate Professorship is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Contribute to the development and application of the research of the Department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Perform research meeting high international standards, including taking responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline.
- Develop both individual and group-based research projects. Initiate fundraising and coordinate research projects.
- Teach, develop and coordinate courses, and conduct exams at existing educational programs at CBS.
- Contribute to research environment-building at MPP, and in particular in the Philosophy Group. Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Communicate research to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Contribute to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks.
- Promote CBS’s academic reputation.
The associate professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please consult http://www.cbs.dk/files/cbs.dk/guidelines_for_teaching_portfolios.pdf
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in internationally recognized journals in the field.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact Head of Department, Professor Mitchell Dean, email: email@example.com or Group leader, Associate Professor Morten Sørensen Thaning, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the department may be found at www.cbs.dk/mpp.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration). In case of publications with multiple authors, specify the contribution that the applicant has made in the publication.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk
Application due: 10/1/2020
EURAXESS offer ID: 537527
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.