ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Inorganic chemistryPhysics › Applied physicsPhysics › Solid state physicsPhysics › Surface physics
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/08/2020 18:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
We are looking for an a researcher of materials science who is interested in participating of H2020 ERA Chair MATTER in Institute of Technology in University of Tartu!
The ERA Chair is a Research Lab under in University of Tartu (UT), Institute of Technology, engaging ERA Chair holder and his/her team members. The formation of the ERA Chair of Materials in Extreme Environments (MATTER) will combine three challenging fields of computer simulations, nano-manipulation and biomedical engineering, towards application in two directions – nanomaterials and biomedical applications. MATTER will build on the well-equipped core facilities of UT and establish synergies with the most influential research infrastructure in Estonia and in neighbouring countries for delivering high-level research and innovation.
MATTER focuses on nanoscale material behavior in complex environments and upscaling of control of nanomaterials for interdisciplinary and widespread use. MATTER enables breakthrough research in areas such as high electric field applications, renewable energy sources, high power microwave and radar equipment, materials research, ICT and electronics applications, MEMS & NEMS, biomedical applications (nano-medicine, drug delivery, regenerative medicine) etc.
Main expected contribution
Will provide the competence on the characterization, analyses and design of nanomaterials and will be capable of experimental implementation of design and reverse design of nanosystems. Will provide critical expertise at experimental implementation of upscale and low-tech control strategies of nanosystems.
- Participation in ERA Chair research strategy formulation
- Participation in planning, and initiation of research projects.
- Initiation and preparation of research projects and proposals, including national (Estonian Research Council, Archimedes), Horizon 2020 and ERC
- Supervision of PhD students
- Participating in the administrative task of ERA Chair.
- Formulation of low-tech control strategies of nanosystems
- Development of experimental capacity of nanomanipulation
See also job description.
ERA Chair in Materials Research in Extreme Environments is part of H2020 Spreading Excellence and Widening Participation H2020-WIDESPREAD-2018-2020 and has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 856705.
Senior scientist (R3 or higher) with PhD in physics, chemistry, materials science or similar, with a proven competence on one or more of the following and related fields:
- Electron microscopy and nanomanipulation (Scanning Electron Microscopy, Transmission Electron Microscope), atomic force microscopy
- Development of nanomanipulation methods
- Upscaling of nano-control and nanomanipulation
- Electrical, mechanical or chemical properties of nanomaterials
- Internationally recognised professional research, the volume of which so far is equivalent to that of at least three doctoral theses.
PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or in a similar field or an equivalent qualification.
Required language skills
Starting at 01.09.2020, temporary contract to 31.12.2024
Salary: Competitive and motivating salary based on previous experience.
Application documents and notification of results
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit (email: email@example.com) following documents:
- a letter of application,
- a curriculum vitae in the established format,
- a list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications),
- a copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in one of these languages). A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification. If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
- other materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of such materials must be included in the application or annexed to it).
Number of copies: 1
Notification of results: The candidate will be notified of election results within two weeks following the election. The assessments drawn up in respect of the candidate and the documents specified in paragraph 5 of the list of documents will be returned to the candidate. Unsuccessful candidates can also request the return of documents specified in paragraphs 2 -4 of the list.
Further information from Vahur Zadin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will be open to all EU non-EU nationals and in line with the guidelines of European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct, where candidates are not discriminated in any way on the basis of gender, age, ethnic, national or social origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political opinion, social or economic situation.
The evaluation committee will evaluate and rank the candidates, carry out interviews (teleconference) with the best candidate(s) and make the final selection. The best candidate will be proposed to the Council of the host institution for the final voting. The recruitment process will be an open, transparent and merit-based!
University of Tartu
University of Tartu, host of the ERA Chair, UT (founded in 1632) is the oldest, largest and the only classical university in Estonia. UT belongs to the top 1% of the world’s most-cited universities and research institutions in the fields of Clinical Medicine, Chemistry, Environment & Ecology, Geoscience, Plant & Animal Science, Social Sciences (general), Molecular Biology & Genetics, Biology & Biochemistry, Neuroscience & Behavior, Psychiatry & Psychology (ISI Web of Science 2017). The university has cooperation agreements with 81 universities in 30 countries and participates in the activities of several European university networks, such as the Utrecht Network and Coimbra Group.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 536017
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.