ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Institute for the Study of Ancient Culture (IKANT)
RESEARCH FIELDCultural studies › Ancient studies
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK30
Job ID: IKANT048PM120
Project Scientist (f*m)
(part-time / 30h per week)
for the duration of five months, starting on August 1, 2020.
- Preparation of a study on cultural and historical aspects of ancient housing in the Eastern Mediterranean
- Completed doctoral studies
- Pronounced interest in research topics from the fields: cultural history of housing, domestic religious practice and interior decoration
- Lively publication activity, international networking, experience in the supervision of publications and very good computer skills
- Experience in the acquisition of third-party funding
- Excellent German and English skills needed. Additionally, at least passive knowledge of foreign languages is an advantage
- Willingness to engage in interdisciplinary cooperation within the scope of the institute's main focus as well as a pronounced ability to work in a team
Our offer is targeted at communicative personalities with a confident appearance who understand how to portray complex connections clearly and understandably and enjoy working independently.
The annual gross salary according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) for this position is € 32.871,30 (part-time based, before taxes). Depending on qualifications and experience, the salary can be negotiated.
Please send your application, including all relevant documents, certificates/references, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (mentioning Job ID: IKANT048PM120) no later than July 8, 2020.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The OeAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
EURAXESS offer ID: 535268
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.