ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitut Català d'Arqueologia Clàssica
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/06/2020 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Tarragona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5 h
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2020
Call for two training contracts of postdoctoral researchers at the Catalan Institute of Classical Archaeology (ICAC) in 2020 (code 017.69)
ICAC Postdoctoral Research Contracts (CIP) 2020
The Catalan Institute of Classical Archaeology (ICAC) opens for 2020:
- Two 2-year postdoctoral training research contracts (I7).
- Boosting young doctors research careers.
- Strengthening ICAC research teams.
- Fostering inter-institutional synergies between ICAC and other national and international research institutions.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree obtained between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2019. Those candidates who have obtained the Ph.D. degree in 2018 or 2019 at the Rovira i Virgili University, where ICAC is attached as a university institute, are excluded.
Research activity will be coordinated by an ICAC researcher (level R3 or R4) who will sign the project. The research proposal must be responded to the research lines or programmes carried out by the ICAC research teams. Each ICAC researcher may only endorse a request for this call.
The memory must be written in Catalan, Spanish or English.
Salary will be € 1,786.56 per month (14 times a year).
Applications must be submitted according to the standard model that is available on the ICAC website (http://www.icac.cat ).
Applications must include all the following documentation:
- Application form.
- Candidate’s CV data form.
- Documentation that certifies the curricular data presented (Ph.D. degree and certificates of research activity, contracts, scholarships, grants and training, covers or front pages of publications and all curricular merits indicated).
- Brief memory, maximum 3,000 words, of the research proposal.
- Candidate’s cover letter which expresses interest and commitment to the proposal and the ICAC research team.
- Candidate’s identity card photocopy or passport.
The documentation may be submitted to the ICAC Secretary and may also be sent by electronic registration of the public administration, post offices, diplomatic representations or consular offices of Spain abroad, registration assistance offices and portal for the generic request from the Government of Catalonia.
Deadline for submission of applications
The deadline for submission of applications will be 15 working days following the day after publication of the announcement of this call in the Official Journal of the Catalan Government (Generalitat de Catalunya, DOGC).
(June 30, 2020)
Duties of postdoctoral researchers
Recruited candidates will join the ICAC research team proposed in their applications to carry out the research activity. They will collaborate in this team scientific activities, as well as in the ICAC overall activities.
Recruited candidates will carry out two scientific publications resulting from the research activity carried out within the framework of the contract, and they must state their affiliation to ICAC in those publications.
Recruited candidates must submit the following-up reports:
- 1st report: 15 days before the end of the first 3 months of the contract.
- 2nd report: 14 months after the contract started.
- 3rd report: at the end of the contract.
List of ICAC researchers that can endorse an application
- Maria Carme Belarte Franco (ICREA)
- Jesús Carruesco García (URV−ICAC)
- José Ignacio Fiz Fernández (URV−ICAC)
- Diana Gorostidi Pi (URV−ICAC)
- Anna Gutiérrez Garcia-Moreno
- Ramon Járrega Domínguez
- Alexandra Livarda
- Jordi López Vilar
- Josep Maria Macias Solé
- Hèctor A. Orengo Romeu
- Josep Maria Palet Martínez
- Marta Prevosti Monclús
- Joaquín Ruiz de Arbulo Bayona (URV−ICAC)
- Pau de Soto Cañamares
The applications evaluation will be made by means of an Evaluation and Selection Commission (CAS, in its Catalan acronym), appointed by ICAC Director and composed by 3 people: the administrator of the Institute, who will act as president, and 2 expert members in the field of classical archaeology and who belong to an external institution to ICAC. A fourth person will be appointed as secretary and will attend CAS meetings.
The assessment of applications will be made on a maximum of 100 points.
CV merits, with a score from 0 to 50 points, will be assessed according the following criteria:
- Academic degrees: 0 to 10 points.
- Research experience and other training: 0 to 20 points.
- Scientific contributions: 0 to 10 points.
- Other merits (university teaching experience, dissemination and transfer activities): 0 to 5 points.
- Language skills: 0 to 5 points.
The research proposal will be peer reviewed, with a score from 0 to 50 points. The two evaluators, external to the ICAC, will be specialists in the subject matter of the research proposal. The evaluation will follow these criteria:
- Research proposal (novelty, originality, impact, objectives, methodology, work plan, schedule): 0 to 15 points.
- Viability of the proposal (budget and funding): 0 to 5 points.
- Suitability of the ICAC researcher coordinating the proposal and of the research team: 0 to 5 points.
- Impact on the training and development of the applicant’s research career: 0 to 5 points.
- Forecast of scientific publications: 0 to 5 points.
- Training and specialization activities for the development of the research career: 0 to 5 points.
- Knowledge transfer and dissemination activities: 0 to 5 points.
- Other curricular merits: 0 to 5 points.
The CAS will be able to interview candidates in case of equality or candidates who have obtained a maximum difference of 10 points. The maximum score for the interview will be 15 points. Applications that have not scored a total of 60 or more points cannot be selected.
- May: open call.
- June–July: CAS assessment and peer evaluation of research proposals.
- September: decision of the ICAC director.
Incorporations: starting October 2020.
EURAXESS offer ID: 533421
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.