RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciencesPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/06/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Leiden
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
- Material Studies (BA1): coordinating and giving lectures, supervising lab education;
- Material Culture (BA2): giving lectures and supervising lab education;
- Co-supervising Msc theses with the Professor in Archaeological Material Culture and Artefact Studies in the field of microwear and experimental archaeology;
- Starting up lab education for a new Msc course;
- Co-organizing and supervising internships;
- Assisting the professor with her administrative duties and coordination of the Material Culture group.
The successful applicant will receive a contract for the duration of one year. The salary depending on qualifications and experience, the gross monthly salary is €2,709 to €4,274 (scale 10 in accordance with the collective salary agreement of the Association of Dutch Universities) and for a full working week.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Applications should be submitted no later than June 23, via email@example.com and addressed to Annelou van Gijn. Please quote the vacancy number in your application. All requested documents should be sent in PDF format. Applications should be submitted in English and include a:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae with a list of publications;
- Copy of PhD thesis or publication.
More information about this vacancy is available upon request from Annelou van Gijn, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web site for additional job details
- The successful candidate has obtained a PhD degree on a topic regarding archaeological science;
- Extended knowledge of material studies, materials and their characteristics and willingness to develop further knowledge in this field;
- The successful candidate has knowledge in the field of microwear and experimental Archaeology;
- Demonstrable and preferably outstanding teaching skills;
- Level of Dutch language: at least B1;
- Flexible collaborator with excellent communication skills, a true team worker.
EURAXESS offer ID: 533022
Posting organisation offer ID: 292530
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.