ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineeringPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/07/2020 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE02/09/2020
The Director of the Institute of Electrical Engineering of the Slovak Academy of Sciences announces the following selection procedure for the position:
Recognised Researcher at the Department of Superconductors
Job description:Theoretical and experimental study of non-uniformities in the 2nd generation of conductors based on high-temperature superconductors. Statistical analysis of critical current fluctuations in commercial coated conductor tapes. Development of numerical models reproducing electrical and thermal processes during transport of electrical current. Setting up an experimental rig for new method of detecting the critical current drop-outs in tapes immersed in liquid nitrogen.
- Creative work for people interested in academic research
- Participation in international projects
- Economic accommodation to the hostels of the Slovak Academy of Sciences (around 160 EUR/month)
- 45 days of holidays
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
Documents required from the candidate:
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position as well as current research interest
- CV including list of publications and other achievements
- Copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of defence
- The contact details of two referees who can provide reference letters
In the first round, the paper documents will be assessed, in the second round, short-listed candidates complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Skype interviews foreseen in July 2020.
The earliest start is September, 2020 with the possibility to individually agree on a later starting date.
Duration of contract: up to 2 years with the opportunity of prolongation
Salary: The salary is from 1500 Euro per month.
Working conditions and wage classification is governed by the Work rules and Inner wage regulations of the Institute of Electrical Engineering SAS. High-performing or highly experienced professionals could receive higher salary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalentEngineering: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Completed university education in the field of electrical engineering, physics or materials science
- PhD degree or its equivalent
- Experience with R&D projects
- Experience in electrical properties testing of high-temperature superconductor tapes
- Experience with numerical modeling using finite element code
- Experience with presentation at international conferences
- Publication of results in Scientific Journals
- The ability to cooperate in teams
- Independence, communicativeness
EURAXESS offer ID: 532883
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.