ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineeringPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/07/2020 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE02/09/2020
The Director of the Institute of Electrical Engineering of the Slovak Academy of Sciences announces the following selection procedure for the position:
Recognized researcher at the Department of Superconductors
Job description: Experimental study and development of MgB2 superconductor with high engineering current density suitable for coil windings. Composite conductors with superconducting filaments are dominantly designed and manufactured by the internal diffusion of magnesium into boron process. Developed wires or wire joints have to carry high critical current densities without quenching and to withstand also sufficient tensile and bending strains related with coil winding. Demonstration superconducting coils will be done by “wind and react” and by “react and wind” process. Coils properties will be tested at the temperature range from 4.2 K up to 30 K in the external magnetic fields up to 10 T and also in persistent mode.
- Creative work for people interested in academic research
- Participation in international projects
- Economic accommodation to the hostels of the Slovak Academy of Sciences (around 160 EUR/month)
- 45 days of holidays
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
Documents required from the candidate:
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position as well as current research interest
- CV including list of publications and other achievements
- Copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of defence
- The contact details of two referees who can provide reference letters
In the first round, the paper documents will be assessed, in the second round, short-listed candidates complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Skype interviews foreseen in July 2020.
The earliest start is September, 2020 with the possibility to individually agree on a later starting date.
Duration of contract: up to 2 years with the opportunity of prolongation
Salary: The salary is from 1500 Eur per month.
Working conditions and wage classification is governed by the Work rules and Inner wage regulations of the Institute of Electrical Engineering SAS.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalentEngineering: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Finished university education in the field of materials, materials physics and electrical engineering
- PhD degree or its equivalent
- Experience with R&D projects
- Experience in material science
- Experience with composite materials
- Experience with low temperature characterization of materials
- The ability to collaborate in research team
- Ability to publish obtained results in scientific journals
EURAXESS offer ID: 532875
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.