ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineeringMathematics › Applied mathematicsPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/07/2020 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE02/09/2020
The Director of the Institute of Electrical Engineering of the Slovak Academy of Sciences announces the following selection procedure for the position:
Recognised Researcher at the Department of Superconductors
Job description: This position is intended for a highly motivated post-doc in the field of numerical modeling of High-Temperature Superconductors. Modeling will be mainly done by our in-house software (MEMEP) and applied to superconducting motors, generators and magnets. The newcomer is intended to further develop the numerical tools for multi-physics purposes (electro-magnetic, electro-thermal and mechanical) or to parallel computing (open MP or MPI). Modeling will be compared to experiments, and hence the post-doc will be in close collaboration with experimentalists.
- Creative work for people interested in academic research
- Participation in international projects
- Economic accommodation to the hostels of the Slovak Academy of Sciences (around 160 EUR/month)
- 45 days of holidays
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
Documents required from the candidate:
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position as well as current research interest
- CV including list of publications and other achievements
- Copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of defense
- The contact details of two referees who can provide reference letters
In the first round, the paper documents will be assessed, in the second round, short-listed candidates complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Skype interviews foreseen in July 2020.
The earliest start is September, 2020 with the possibility to individually agree on a later starting date.
Duration of contract: up to 2 years with the opportunity of prolongation
Salary: The salary is from 1500 Eur per month.
Working conditions and wage classification is governed by the Work rules and Inner wage regulations of the Institute of Electrical Engineering SAS. High-performing or highly experienced professionals could receive higher salary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalentEngineering: PhD or equivalentMathematics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Required education and practice:
- Completed university education in the field of Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
- PhD degree or its equivalent
- Experience with R&D projects
- Advanced level of written and spoken English
- Experience in numerical modeling of superconductors (either electro-magnetic or electro-thermal)
- Programming with general-purpose languages (C++, FORTRAN or Python; preferably C++)
- The ability to collaborate in a research team
- The ability to write articles for international scientific journals
EURAXESS offer ID: 532869
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.