ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineeringEngineering › Electronic engineeringPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/07/2020 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE02/09/2020
The Director of the Institute of Electrical Engineering of the Slovak Academy of Sciences announces the following selection procedure for the position:
Recognised Researcher at the Department of Superconductors
Job description: Measurement of AC loss and other screening current effects in REBCO high-temperature superconducting coils for motors and magnets. Measurements will be from 25 to 77 K in our in-house measurement systems. The post-doc will study several effects, including insulated and non-insulated coils for both superconducting motors and magnets. New ideas on improving the cryogenic system and AC loss measurements will be very welcome. Measurements will also be compared to modeling results. The post-doc could also run the simulations or restrict to experimental research, depending on their interests.
- Creative work for people interested in academic research
- Participation in international projects
- Economic accommodation to the hostels of the Slovak Academy of Sciences (around 160 EUR/month)
- 45 days of holidays
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
Documents required from the candidate:
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position as well as current research interest
- CV including list of publications and other achievements
- Copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of defense
- The contact details of two referees who can provide reference letters
In the first round, the paper documents will be assessed, in the second round, short-listed candidates complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Skype interviews foreseen in July 2020.
The earliest start is September, 2020 with the possibility to individually agree on a later starting date.
Duration of contract: up to 2 years with the opportunity of prolongation
Salary: The salary is from 1500 Eur per month.
Working conditions and wage classification is governed by the Work rules and Inner wage regulations of the Institute of Electrical Engineering SAS. High-performing or highly experienced professionals could receive higher salary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalentEngineering: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Required education and practice:
- Completed university education in the field of Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Electronic Engineering
- PhD degree or its equivalent
- Experience with R&D projects
- Advanced level of written and spoken English
- Experience in applied superconductivity or characterization of superconducting materials
- Experience with cryogenics
- The ability to collaborate in a research team
- The ability to write articles for international scientific journals
EURAXESS offer ID: 532770
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.