RESEARCH FIELDEducational sciences › Education
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/08/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Leuven
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK38
You carry out research within the framework of a research project financed by the Special Research Fund of KU Leuven that wants to contribute to the very topical discussion about the future of school education. It builds on earlier research by the promoters into the public role of the school (see: https://respaedagogica.be/). The starting point of the research is that school learning is a specific form of learning with an important emancipatory potential that is lacking in other forms of learning. The research aims to make that potential visible both conceptually and empirically. It includes a theoretical-pedagogical elaboration of the notion of emancipation in relation to the notions of literacy and grammar. It also includes an important empirical part: the ethnographic description of concrete classroom practices (in secondary education) from the question of how grammatization and literacy (in particular regarding language, digital technology and environmental issues) take shape. The research will be conducted in two doctoral studies. The two researchers will work out the concrete methodology together and in each of the studies research will be carried out in schools in Flanders. In addition, one of the studies will also conduct research in schools in Congo, while the other will investigate schools in Ecuador.
We offer full-time employment (100%) as a doctoral fellow for a period of 1 year. If the evaluation is positive, the appointment will be extended by another 3 years (total: 4 years).
- Supervision by two experienced promoters.
- Start date October 1, 2020.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in national and international conferences to present your own research.
- For remuneration and benefits: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/werken-bij-kuleuven/werken-bij....
During your four-year appointment
- you conduct your research in view to obtaining a doctorate
- you publish your articles in scientific journals
- you will conduct research in Congo or Ecuador for several months
- you actively participate in (international) congresses and help organize local study days, seminars and conferences
- provide teaching assistance (approximately 10% of your time) for courses in the Bachelor of Master of Educational Sciences, the Master of Educational Studies / Educational Studies or the Teacher Training Programme.
- You have a Master's degree in Educational Sciences or Educational Studies, or in a related discipline (Social Sciences / Anthropology / Philosophy or Arts) where you (possibly in addition to your study program) have acquired demonstrable expertise in the field of education.
- Students who will graduate in the summer of 2020 can also apply, provided there are demonstrable chances of success.
- You can work independently, have a sense of initiative and are willing to conduct autonomous research in Congo or Ecuador
- You have a good knowledge of English and French or Spanish; knowledge of Dutch is recommended.
Send your application with the following documents before August 14, 2020. Selection interviews are scheduled for August 21, 2020. • An English or Dutch motivation letter (max. 2 pages) in which you explain why you are the perfect candidate for this position. Con... For more information see https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/55673913
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 532384
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.