ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineeringPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/07/2020 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE02/09/2020
The Director of the Institute of Electrical Engineering of the Slovak Academy of Sciences announces the following selection procedure for the position:
Recognized Researcher at the Department of III-V semiconductors
Job description: Main objectives will include physical modeling and simulations of new perspective materials and devices based on III-N semiconductors and developing corresponding software tools. New designs are to be proposed for high-speed, high-power devices. Additionally, co-supervision of master and doctoral thesis at IEE SAS is expected. Results will be disseminated at conferences and in cc journals, collaboration on new project proposals.
- Creative work for people interested in academic research
- Participation in international projects
- 45 days of holidays
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
Documents required from the candidate:
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position as well as current research interest
- CV including list of publications and other achievements
- Copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of defence
- The contact details of two referees who can provide reference letters
In the first round, the paper documents will be assessed, in the second round, short-listed candidates complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Skype interviews foreseen in July 2020.
The earliest start is September, 2020 with the possibility to individually agree on a later starting date.
Duration of contract: up to 2 years with the opportunity of prolongation
Salary: The salary is from 1500 Euro per month.
Working conditions and wage classification is governed by the Work rules and Inner wage regulations of the Institute of Electrical Engineering SAS.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalentEngineering: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Completed university education in the field of electrical engineering, or semiconductor physics.
- PhD degree or its equivalent
- Experience with R&D projects
- Advanced level of written and spoken English
- Experience in semiconductor device simulations and modelling.
- Experience with presentation at international conferences
- Publication of results in Scientific Journals
- The ability to cooperate in teams
- Independence, communicativeness
EURAXESS offer ID: 532328
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.