ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Solid state physics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/07/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
The Director of the Institute of Electrical Engineering of the Slovak Academy of Sciences announces the following selection procedure for the position:
Postdoctoral position at the Department of Physics and Technology at Nanoscale
Job description: The Department of Physics and Technology at Nanoscale of IEE SAS is currently running projects on 2D materials from the group of transition metal dichalcogenides. So far, our research is mainly focused on the growth and material characterisation, but we would like to strengthen the understanding the physics in these materials. For that, IEE SAS opens a postdoctoral position for scientists interested in explaining experimental results from infrared spectroscopy and light scattering measurements of thin films. For instance, we need to extract refractive indices from reflection and transmission spectra in the infrared and visible range. For our Raman measurements, experience in calculating the phonon frequencies and Raman intensities is an advantage. Generally, he or she should be able to analyse as-measured spectra in terms of different physical models. Hence, a strong background in solid-state physics, solid-state spectroscopy or physical chemistry is required.
- Creative work for people interested in academic research
- Stimulating friendly supervising and mentoring environment
- Working in a multidisciplinary research team
- Unique research facilities
- Participation in national and international projects
- 45 days of holidays
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
Documents required from the candidate:
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position as well as a current research interest
- CV including a list of publications and other achievements
- Copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of defence
- The contact details of two referees who can provide reference letters
In the first round, the paper documents will be assessed, in the second round, short-listed candidates complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Skype interviews foreseen in July 2020.
The expected start is September, 2020, with the possibility to agree on a later starting date individually.
Duration of contract: up to 2 years with the opportunity of prolongation
Salary: The salary is from 1500 Euro per month.
Working conditions and wage classification is governed by the Work rules and Inner wage regulations of the Institute of Electrical Engineering SAS.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Theoretical background and knowledge of concepts and methods in the field of infrared spectroscopy and light (Raman) scattering
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with R&D projects
- Publication record in scientific journals
- Good team-working skills
- PhD or an equivalent degree in the field of physics, material science, physical chemistry, or related areas
- Relevant experience in analysis and calculating of infrared and Raman spectra
- Knowledge of MATLAB, Mathematica and other software for fitting and calculating optical spectra is an advantage
EURAXESS offer ID: 532274
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.