ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidad Castilla la Mancha
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/07/2020 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Ciudad Real
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE03/05/2021
SACSIS is selecting a competitive candidate for the Microwaves in Sustainable Organic Chemistry department at the University of Castilla-La Mancha for applying a Marie Curie IF grant.
Biosensing systems are being developed to detect and/or transduce biomolecules and biorecognition events of interest and provide useful information in scenarios as diverse as the detection of pathogens and illness biomarkers, in environmental analysis, in food safety, and in drug development. The use of NMR-based biosensing systems could offer many advantages as it is a label-free system and provides fingerprint signals of the biomolecular target of interest among others. However, NMR spectroscopy as an analytical technique suffers from an intrinsically low sensitivity, what hampers a more wide-spread application as biosensing system. The main aim of this proposal is to exploit the potential of NMR hyperpolarization schemes (photo-Chemically Induced Dynamic Nuclear Polarization (photo-CIDNP)) in home-made reduced-diameter radiofrequency coils (microcoils) integrated in continuous flow microreactors, to push the NMR sensibility limits necessary to develop an NMR-based biosensing system. Recent work in the group has shown the proof of concept for hyperpolarization showing dramatic increase in sensitivity. This research aims for pushing the state of the art and yielding new biosensing systems with an enhanced selectivity and multiplexing capabilities.
DISCLAIMER: We are selecting a candidate to prepare a Marie Curie IF grant, which deadline is September 09, this is not a direct Post Doc position offer. If the grant is conceded the candidate will be joining the Research Group in 2021
- Competitive candidates will be selected for applying to a Marie Curie IF grant that covers full salary (4.650€/month) + family allowance (500€/month) + R&D expenses.
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team. Mobility experience, participation in research projects and scientific productivity is appreciated.
Mobility rule: Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main research activity in Spain for more than 12 months from September 9, 2017 to September 9, 2020
- The candidates must send their Curriculum VItae, together with a letter of interest for analysis
- The best candidates will be selected for an interview with the IP of the project, who will have the final decision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Candidates must be able to work with NMR spectroscopy. Knowleadge in microfluidics, biosensing, surface chemistry or hyperpolarization is recommended.
- Natural sciences: PhD or equivalent
- Master in Chemistry
- Chemistry › Chemical engineering
- Chemistry › Electronic engineering
EURAXESS offer ID: 531829
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.