ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Twente (UT)
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/07/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Enschede
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40.0
We are looking for a highly motivated PhD student to strengthen our research portfolio. Careful experimental analysis, involving microscopy combined with digital image correlation to investigate fiber slip, Raman spectroscopy and atomic force microscopy, will be employed to analyze, model and quantify fiber damage. Understanding the physical background of internal degradation processes will ultimately underpin lifetime prediction of these ropes.
- We offer you a full-time four-year position with a one-year probation period;
- The gross monthly salary starts with € 2395,- per month in the first year and increases to € 3061,- per month in the fourth year of your employment based on a full-time employment;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs.
Web site for additional job details
- MSc degree in Physics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, preferably with a background in fibers and/or tribology;
- You are an excellent researcher, eager to learn and to improve;
- You thrive in a collaborative environment;
- Your interpersonal skills as well as English language skills are excellent.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Are you interested after reading this vacancy? Applications should include the following documents:
- A motivation letter describing why you apply for this position, with a description of your research interests (no more than 1 A4).
- A detailed CV.
- Academic transcripts from your Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
You can submit your application through the link below, before 5th July 2020. The selection procedure includes an interview and scientific presentation.
For more information, contact prof.dr.ir. M.B. de Rooij : email@example.com
EURAXESS offer ID: 531634
Posting organisation offer ID: 292456
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.