ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Academy of Sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/07/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2020
The Director of the Institute of Electrical Engineering of the Slovak Academy of Sciences announces the following selection procedure for the position:
Recognised Researcher at the Department of Physics and Technology at Nanoscale
Job description: The Department of Physics and Technology at Nanoscale is currently running several projects on nanomagnetism. Our research is focused on the study of nucleation, stability and dynamics of noncolinear states in nanoelements (vortex, skyrmion), spin wave propagation in noncolinear spin textures and improving of MFM characterization techniques. IEE SAS opens a postdoctoral position on experimental study of noncolinear magnetic states in ultrathin films. A successful applicant will be responsible for design, fabrication and characterization of magnetic samples hosting noncolinear magnetic states. This will require using the following tools: basic micromagnetic simulations, sputtering, PPMS, MFM, etc. A strong background in physics, micromagnetic theory, nanofabrication, sample characterization is essential.
- Creative work for people interested in academic research
- Participation in international projects
- 45 days of holidays
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
Documents required from the candidate:
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position as well as current research interest
- CV including list of publications and other achievements
- Copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of defence
- The contact details of two referees who can provide reference letters
In the first round, the paper documents will be assessed, in the second round, short-listed candidates complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Skype interviews foreseen in July 2020.
Duration of contract: up to 2 years with the opportunity of prolongation
Salary: The salary is from 1500 Euro per month.
Working conditions and wage classification is governed by the Work rules and Inner wage regulations of the Institute of Electrical Engineering SAS.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
• A PhD in physics
• Understanding of micromagnetics and magnonics/spin waves
• Experience in nanofabrication and sample characterization.
• Experience with presentation at international conferences
• Publication of results in Scientific Journals
• Independence, communicativeness
• Advanced level of written and spoken English
EURAXESS offer ID: 531487
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.